Author Topic: Bug in rendering  (Read 353 times)

FelixRaven

Hello!

First of all, during the last some months the game became much more playable, I really enjoy it again after a sad period.

But nowadays there is a rendering problem, at least on my computer, as you can see on the uploaded pics.
Here is the link for all the screenshots I made:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxDcXj5IGvQzS0pidUl4ZU1JQXc
As you can see, there is a problem with smoke and dust.
They're both visible through the ground if they're behind a bump, and there is an odd sharp edge that wasn't there before the Christmas update.
Sometimes a structure appears in the smoke, like a stand, or a metallic frame.

Other thing: many times Wreckest start, but if I want to start a race it stops with an error message, and only start right after I do a game file integrity check in Steam

Kind regards,
Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC Battlefield 4 Edition (GV-R928XOC-3GD-GA) || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digital S

Finsku

Looks like it can be caused by AMD compatibility issue.

Here's one topic more about this kind graphic problems:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9467.0.html

Like Janne said...
Thanks for chiming in! We have a possible fix but it still needs testing, stay tuned.

...(maybe) there will be fixes in next update which comes out on next week.

FelixRaven

Hello!

Thanks for the reply! I checked it, disabling MSAA really solved the problem.
Hopefully Bugbear would really fix this, my AMD graphics card is not something from long time ago and a far-far away galaxy. :-)

I also mentioned that persisting problem of the error at starting a race.
It happens 70-80% of the time, so it is quite frustrating.
The game itself starts normally, but at the first try I want to enter a race, after a period of loading, I hear the Windows asterisk sound, and the loading fails.
If I restart the game, the same happens, until I do a local files integrity check.
After that if I start the game, I can enter any race I want, until next day.
I don't know what happens overnight, why do I have to do the same procedure every time.
Today's error message:
Fatal error
LZ4 decompress failed: Retval -13832 Path
'data\vehicle\02_european\art\frame_C5.bmap'

And the last thing worth to mention: there is still a strange sound that was "introduced" about a year ago.
It is like a sack full of beans, or like a rhythm egg shaker.
It comes mostly on sand or gravel, when other cars are around you.

It is a quite odd sound, I don't think it is like that on purpose.
Are you familiar with this, or should I make a recording for you?

Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC Battlefield 4 Edition (GV-R928XOC-3GD-GA) || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digital S

Purple44

Hmm, that sounding like hard drive problem if files are getting corrupted. I would run some hard drive diagnostic software and see if HD is OK.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

FelixRaven

I think that cannot be the issue, because Wreckfest is the one and only software that has this problem.
But I'll give it a try.