Author Topic: Ridge Racer Unbounded - PC DVD. Steam?  (Read 751 times)

racespace

Hi. I dislike Valve's Steam & don't buy any games that require it. I would like to know if the PC DVD version of Ridge Racer Unbounded requires Steam to be installed in order for the game to run. My interest is in playing the game offline without any third-party software being required to run it (much like Flatout 2). Thanks for any help.

racespace

No answer?
It seems from some talk on amazon.co.uk that it comes with Steam. I'll give it a miss.

Frisker

It probably don't, but even if it did, you can buy the disc version of it and then download no-cd crack to it. As far as I know, it's legal to crack legally purchased games. Then it won't need any third party programs to run.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

racespace

Hi Frisker,
I just want to make sure the game is not infested with Steam, which it seems it is. I'm not interested in running any cracks. There are several reasons why I don't like Steam, but I won't go into them here. I buy all my games on disc & I don't buy any that require Steam (mistakenly buying one years ago was enough for me).

I already have the Xbox version of Ridge Racer Unbounded so I might just stick with it.