Author Topic: What is your ideal derby arena?  (Read 456 times)

blazngun

So I am close to putting the finishing touches on my ideal derby arena, and  wanted to reach out to the community for suggestions or ideas for my next track. Whether it be realistic or way over the top, what is the perfect derby arena in your eyes?
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

DD-Indeed

Hey there. I myself have been suggesting several derby arena layouts ages ago, that could be even build up to other maps in the game. Here's the link to that message of what I was thinking, maybe you would like to work on those. :)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8640.msg82714.html#msg82714

blazngun

Hi DD, thanks for the suggestions. I had read through that thread when researching if anyone had done a fair style derby track and liked some of the locations. Problem is that I am still learning 3ds Max and am unsure how to get the default tracks imported to add objects or edit.  I've had some great help from other mod makers but hate hounding them with all my noob questions. As i learn more, or come across the info needed to get the default tracks into 3DS for editing I will revisit this. I could do a from scratch derby arena similar to the one you suggested on tarmac2 (square arena in parking lot) and use the buildings and objects to make it look similar, and use the barrier of your choice to enclose it. Any other ideas?

Purple44

Ya, you out of luck trying load the stock tracks ( scne files ) into 3D Max. You would have to sweet talk Bugbear into giving you their 3D Max track files for editing.  :P

But you can take the stock track files and add objects by hand, like I did for Cops and Robbers arena:

And now you can use the StuntFest track editor to place objects in the stock track maps:

Using Stuntfest editor as a Wreckfest 3D object editor. :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

blazngun

Thanks for the info Purple, not been able to figure out the orientation number system. Can rotate sometimes without issue but get glitches more often than not, same when trying to raise objects. Had been wanting to try the StuntFest editor, but hate paying for what is essentially a demo. Might save me alot of headache though and open up some new possibilities.

Purple44

That one thing the Stuntfest editor has help me a lot with, getting proper orientation numbers. Especially if you want to angle an object.

If you don't get the right orientation numbers when you angle an object, it can distort the object. :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel