Author Topic: mod tool dev option  (Read 386 times)

tolliverj

i would like to make a dev version of my mod that is compatible with my normal version. i will be adding ai only skins to the normal version of my mod to avoid duplicates but i want a dev version to myself so i would be the only player that can use said ai only skins so people now i'm the dev of the mod or well ya and i could share my dev version with only my friends who else thinks this would be a cool idea?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:15:47 AM by tolliverj »

sam223

When you set things as developer instead of mod/final,they dont show up in game. I assume you need a developer version of the game to be able to see them.

It might work for skins,but i think if you took them online with your friends youd get booted from the lobby for 'invalid car'
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:23:17 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

tolliverj

that's not what i mean i mean, a version of my mod that only the creator of the mod can use with the normal version i don't mean having a dev version of the game like how else do i explane it?

tolliverj

lets say you have two version of your mod one is for normal players and one is only for you the creator of the mod and is compatible with the normal version so you have the same mod but only you have special privileges to the mod like having ai only skins.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:29:05 AM by tolliverj »

sam223

You'd have to try it,im not sure if it'd work but its a interesting idea. Youd have to have the same version as host (skins allowed) for sure though. If you hosted with public version (skins set as ai only) then joined with private version it'd boot you.

I originally thought you meant setting state=developer,then hoping only you (being creator) could select it, that definitely doesn't work
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:55:18 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

tolliverj

they could update the mod tool and the game to support it...maybe :-\ i would like this to happen.

sam223

Your way might work btw setting everything as AI only and then allowing it to be player selected in a different version. For some reason the .vepas are part of the anti cheat but textures aren't and the data inside the .vepa isn't protected (some at least).
Ive recently been playing around with a 'lite' version of my mod,since its getting to big to host on the dedicated server. So im gonna end with 2 versions,1 with everything in and the other with no textures and just the .vepa's telling people to download the 'full version' if they want all the skins.

Flagging the empty .vepa's as AI only might be a even better solution

tolliverj

you now how you can make stuff Dev only or player only and stuff like that in bag edit in the options they could make a creator option to ware only the creator can use the skin but then i would have to have two of the same skin one for ai and one for creator only witch wouldn't be that bad but there could be more advanced ways they could do this but i have no idea.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:21:58 AM by tolliverj »