Author Topic: February Update 2017-02-21  (Read 14588 times)

RickyB

Just had time for a quick impression...

*Sandpit 1 Route 1 Reverse* is kind of undrivable now because of this:
...cars crash into it...

Aaaand: The update broke my Trackfest and 8-o-Rama mod.  :'(  ...and I have no idea why  :-\   Game just crashes during track loading screen. What could cause this? Some prop objects got changed?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:51:36 PM by RickyBøbby »

happyrichie

Just had time for a quick impression...

*Sandpit 1 Route 1 Reverse* is kind of undrivable now because of this:
...cars crash into it...

Aaaand: The update broke my Trackfest and 8-o-Rama mod.  :'(  ...and I have no idea why  :-\   Any idea what could cause this? Game just crashes during track loading screen. What could cause this? Some prop objects got changed?

ow hell no! i love that trackfest mod, really capitulates the spirit of why i bought wreckfest

RickyB

Aaaand: The update broke my Trackfest and 8-o-Rama mod.  :'(  ...and I have no idea why  :-\   Any idea what could cause this? Game just crashes during track loading screen. What could cause this? Some prop objects got changed?
ow hell no! i love that trackfest mod, really capitulates the spirit of why i bought wreckfest
Thanks. same here :)  Hope I'll be able to find the reason why the tracks crash when loading.  >:(

EDIT: Apparently not a prop problem. Something in the _base file seems to cause it. Will do more testing later tonight. No time right now :/ 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:22:25 PM by RickyBøbby »

St. Jimmy

Zeron you seemed to miss some communication if you tought this update is a major one. This update is in a separate branch than what they're actually working on. The new UI, career and props changes are in the other branch waiting to be finished enough for public. Those come in the next build earliest and that was communicated.

UI and career mode would've meant that the update had become much later.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:57:11 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

i cant start a server :(

player hosted works i think
+1 dedicated server doesnt work. Dies as soon as it get to get 'starting server' in console

Edit: tried with 32 and 64 bit exe's
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:25:36 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

conso1727

Some quick feedback:
1- I like the new track, a shame you didn't keep the tire obstacles of the Open Road when you race on the non-open road variant.
2- Some optimization issues started re-surfacing.
3- I hope the new paint system will allow us to choose decals as well, otherwise they will boringly look all the same.

TheEngiGuy

Hey, but... what about the survey? Could we get the results?

Some quick feedback:
1- I like the new track, a shame you didn't keep the tire obstacles of the Open Road when you race on the non-open road variant.
2- Some optimization issues started re-surfacing.
3- I hope the new paint system will allow us to choose decals as well, otherwise they will boringly look all the same.

Agreed. Especially the first point.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:42:34 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Tonza

Loving this update! Rollovers, mid air collisions and landing on top of another car is so much better now :) also landing a jump is a lot less awkward now.
I also have nothing bad to say about the handling, feels really good.
I'm also noticing some funkiness with the automatic transmission, it's especially noticeable with the racing euro 1.
Got a cheeky fastest time on mixed 5 route 1, though I won't have it for long  :D

Janne Suur-Näkki

+1 dedicated server doesnt work. Dies as soon as it get to get 'starting server' in console

Hmm that's odd, works here. Have you tried with a clean server config?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

sam223

Hmm that's odd, works here. Have you tried with a clean server config?

Maybe you changed some parameters in the .cfg that's crashing it? Tried start_server_initial.bat (should make its own config?) still dies. Ill try deleting default .cfg,download new and see if that works
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Janne Suur-Näkki

No, I don't think we did any changes, at least not intentional ones.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

catn1p

First impression is good,  EU1 (II) feels nice but as usual it's not the best choice for online :P

New handling is, well... different but not necessarily worse than before, just needs some time to adapt I think. Still the FFB is really weak on EU1

Only major problem I had in almost 2 hours was cars still merging occasionally:

You can't see it very good on this shot but it was the best I could get in the heat of the moment :D

I'll get some beer and will be back on the track tonight. Hope to see ya'll there!!
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

sam223

No, I don't think we did any changes, at least not intentional ones.

Still no luck Janne, even after starting with a fresh .bat, .cfg and /server folder

Could you share these files from your test machine? maybe the gents changed something on your end to get it to work

Janne Suur-Näkki

I just did a couple of quick online races too and it was a blast - hoping to be back later tonight, indeed with a couple of beers.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sam, any luck if you remove all mods temporarily?