Author Topic: February Update 2017-02-21  (Read 12301 times)

findRED

Sounds strange...My performance is fine after a couple patches. Cannot max out textures, shadows and reflections (medium), but still not getting under 50fps at 1080p at long time. I just tested every map with maximum amount of cars. Issue could be vsync..mine goes nearly always for 30fps with it on. I have a way lower specs than you though:)

Edit: I have 2xMSAA enabled also.

Your cpu is MUCH better than mine in single-threaded performance, which is what Wreckfest depends on.  That's why your performance is much better.  (and it's much newer too!)

Unless BB wants to drop support for the AMD FX series cpus, I will wait for optimizations further down the line.  If they do decide to drop support for FX series, they better tell us now.
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Calamann

Can we expect a new update in march?
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

TheEngiGuy

That's their plan, but hopefully... yeah.

Calamann

That's their plan, but hopefully... yeah.
I know...but I didnt hear anything about that yet  ;)
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

BenDover

We should get one this month if I have understand the end of the year announcement right about more updates coming more freq now, but then again they have said that many times in the past but I belive they will get us an update this month yeah
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

We should get one this month if I have understand the end of the year announcement right about more updates coming more freq now, but then again they have said that many times in the past but I belive they will get us an update this month yeah

The next update will be the beta branch Bugbear been working on for a few months now. If this beta branch Build not where Bugbear wants it to be, it may not be until April before we see Bugbear release it.

Next Build release going bring some major changes to Wreckfest and maybe the single player guys will final get a taste of the full career mode.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BenDover

The next update will be the beta branch Bugbear been working on for a few months now. If this beta branch Build not where Bugbear wants it to be, it may not be until April before we see Bugbear release it.

Next Build release going bring some major changes to Wreckfest and maybe the single player guys will final get a taste of the full career mode.

Yeah they should w8 with the update if its not done like they did with build 7 for so long, but understand me right with my comment I made :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

RickyB

I'd like to see some twitter activity again. Bugbear spoiled me with about a dozen tweets in february. In march only 2 so far. I need my fix  ;D

Finsku

I'd like to see some twitter activity again. Bugbear spoiled me with about a dozen tweets in february. In march only 2 so far. I need my fix  ;D

They're active in Twitter. In March 18 tweets, where 3 is tweets, 1 retweets and rest answers:
- 2 pictures about custom paints
- retweet about ""Modded everything"
- More upgrades and visual upgrades, a career + of course quite a lot of other stuff :)
- reply about FO4
- replies about console early accesses
- March update is coming ("that's the current plan")
- Wreckfest beta for PS4 later this spring

I use TweetDeck so its easy to read all their replies and tweets  :)

EDIT: last reply 2d ago

RickyB

They're active in Twitter. In March 18 tweets, where 3 is tweets, 1 retweets and rest answers:

:o What? 18? hmm ok thanks, you just made me realise that there's an 'answers' category. But actually, what I meant was more something like a screenshot or two. Not just a short answer. There has to be something that they could show - New UI, HUD, Skinshop, Bodyshop, another teaser for the dirt oval, etc... 
Nevertheless, thanks for the info :)

sam223

I spoke to Janne yesterday and he said they are very busy working, on things that have been hinted at in this thread and requested many times. I wont spill the beans as im sure they will want to hype it up themselves. So soon™ i guess.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MamieNova

about that bounce problem, I had a thought today. Since it's kind of "normal" that the car's body would hit the ground after a landing, maybe getting some control on the car's ride height could be a way to prevent it. You'd set it pretty high on gravel because of the jumps (still with the stiff/standard/soft option). Even better: front and rear settings.

On that same bounce subject, I was looking at a bunch of old recordings I did and I noticed that the difference between build 6 and 7+ is the actual air time during the jumps. In build 6, your wheels would "barely" leave the ground; you didn't accumulate as much downward momentum as you do now.

(if bugbear's looking : cars settings per track would be very nice ^^)
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

sam223

Independent suspension adjustments is certainly possible. Front/rear via bag edit at the moment.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MamieNova

Yeah, I'd like that to be available in non-modded, just so I can drop the front, for a drag look =D (it'd be interesting with a downforce factor, at least on tracks like tarmac 2)

Just like the separated rear gear choice; I crave for setup options.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Big Ron

about that bounce problem, I had a thought today. Since it's kind of "normal" that the car's body would hit the ground after a landing, maybe getting some control on the car's ride height could be a way to prevent it.

While I support your thoughts of different height settings or setups per track. But it would just hide the underlying problem. A car bottoming out after a jump would just scratch over the ground. At all on soft gravel, parts of the underbody would just dig through the ground without big effects. The game´s bug shoots the car back into the air which is an underlying problem because polygons or parts of the environment and the car are wedging.
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz + Scythe Ninja 3-cooler, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600 Mhz , GPU: Gainward GTX670, HDD: Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB, WD 1.0TB, Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS: BE Quiet BQT 550W, OS: Windows 7 64-bit, LCD: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" FullHD, Wheel: Log. G25