Author Topic: Are you effing serious Bugbear? someone fire the track designer!!! wtf!  (Read 1292 times)

Daystar

Ok now I am effin pissed!!!

Now don't take this as a personal attack Bugbear, but I am raging mad! I know Sandpit 1 is still under construction, but what the bloody hell! it is horrific now! with areas that can catch the car and ruin it!
and large gaping holes that can swallow the car in a heart beat! OMG, wish I could smoke what ever the designer had! just kidding ofc, but damn it!!! it is really bad now :-( you know me, I have put nearly 4000 hours into this game, by playing the hell out of it, and testing for you guys. and it just happens to be my favorite track that you effed to hell!!! I need a smoke now.. hang on brb.. ok back with my cigarette and a beer.. uhh what was I talking about. oh yes! my fave track... sheesh! totally looks like a rush job! sections need to be lowered half a meter because cars get either dead stopped, or torn to hell! man I could go on and on and on.. but want to make more skies now. I will post screen shots now of areas that really need attention. sorry about my rage, but this really ticks me off.

Have a good day.

I can't even load the track, I keep getting this error:

FATAL ERROR, out of vertex buffer memory

Whatever that is, it wont even load up.

Needles Kane

I can't even load the track, I keep getting this error:

FATAL ERROR, out of vertex buffer memory

Whatever that is, it wont even load up.

Lower grass dencity. That is official workaround for game crashing when trying to load Sandpit 1.

That seems to help, thanks. Seems strange though considering I have tons of ram and a G Force 1080 Founder's edition card.

Needles Kane

That seems to help, thanks. Seems strange though considering I have tons of ram and a G Force 1080 Founder's edition card.

I think it is game engine that could not handle amount of grass. No matter what hardware you have, highest setting crashes.

Tonza

They also removed the dangerous but fun narrow bit which ended with many big crashes and rolls and made it wide, flat and safe. :(
(The fast section after the hairpin which goes down into middle of the excavation machinery)

DD-Indeed

The new track that they provided for us (Mixed 5) was a sight of them propably finally founding the way to make good tracks. Unfortunanently, after I saw this topic, I literally was stunned, that how broken the edited Sandpit can be, how can they forget to fix something like that.  :o

TheEngiGuy

The new track that they provided for us (Mixed 5) was a sight of them propably finally founding the way to make good tracks. Unfortunanently, after I saw this topic, I literally was stunned, that how broken the edited Sandpit can be, how can they forget to fix something like that.  :o

I don't know about you, but I'm glad they didn't delay the update once again for one track only.

RickyB

They should have just kept the old version in game until the overhaul was more or less done. I would have had no problem with some hovering or partly buried props, but leaving a track undrivable with stuff like this --> is... disappointing, to put it mildly.

DD-Indeed

I don't know about you, but I'm glad they didn't delay the update once again for one track only.

Yea, I know, but like the guy after us said, they should have kept the original layout, if they knew that this new one was so broken. At least we got new and rather nice suspension geometry and Mixed 5 is a fun new track.

sam223

I feel sorry for the devs. People moan when they dont release patches as-is (its beta testing as people keep saying) and then moan again when there are bugs.Cant win.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The track just looks rushed to me. Maybe it's just one of those things where they were in a hurry and missed some things. I'm sure they didn't purposely do that.

I hope somehow that they are able to hire some people to help them out and share the work load so the game's development cycle can be more frequent and stable.

Facial_Burns

They should have just kept the old version in game until the overhaul was more or less done. I would have had no problem with some hovering or partly buried props, but leaving a track undrivable with stuff like this --> is... disappointing, to put it mildly.

i agree keep the old on in game put this ne in the beta branch
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Daystar

I feel sorry for the devs. People moan when they dont release patches as-is (its beta testing as people keep saying) and then moan again when there are bugs.Cant win.

Hi Sam, ehh last time I checked it's ok to voice criticism about issues that need to be fixed! such as the rough edges around the main racing lines on this track. they could of test raced around this track before releasing it to us in this decrepit condition! damn right I will moan about things that make me mad!

Just remember, a smile is just a frown that's upside down.

OK, I know at this point I need a big monkey slap to my forehead.....