Author Topic: Folkrace themed event interest.  (Read 444 times)

BenDover

Hey everone! With the new track out I can finally host "Folkrace" themed events.

I did a for some years ago (you find it here) http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5062.msg42527.html#msg42527 about Folkrace and now we finally got 1 track so far! :)

So what is Folkrace? Many of you from Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark probally know.

You are 4-8 cars in 1 race.
3 laps (Final 5 laps).
The thing is that you must (In this case becuse of the new track) use the inner route 1 time per race and you NEED to take it aswell.
The rules are almost the same as on my server already just if you spin someone out you are DQ. So if you spin someone, just drive to the side and retire. So this means that you really need to be carefull becuse if you are to greedy you will destroy the game for both you and the other you might spin out but he can still continue the race and get points, you cannot.

I havent think so much about how I will do this so tips will be appriciated but we gonna have some short of points system.

If we get many ppl that wanna join we will have some short of "teams" for example: Team 1 goes 1st with 8 players, they will do 3 race each and the 2 best players will continue to the "final". Same with the other teams. To estimate how many ppl who should go forward to the final in each team will depend how many team we get, if we get 2 teams 4 of the top players will continue to the final etc.

If this of interest please tell me in the comments so we in a near furture can make this event! :)

If you wanna read more about Folkrace you can do it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folkrace

EDIT: Opened up an server themed based on Folkrace. Gonna check the stability on the 2 servers beeing up on the same time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:09:33 AM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Rocket455Man

Hi!

I have been waiting for this for quite some time.

I have played online UK Bangers in their cars and on their tracks.

Bangers are between destruction derdy and folk racing.

Are you making also cars?

I am interested to the Volvo 940 (or 740) Wagon and 4 Banger ('78 -'79 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4d Sedan with BIG engine) type cars.

Greetings from Finland.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Tonza

I'm interested. Got any more information like, are there any mods needed, which class and cars, schedule?

BenDover

Hi!

I have been waiting for this for quite some time.

I have played online UK Bangers in their cars and on their tracks.

Bangers are between destruction derdy and folk racing.

Are you making also cars?

I am interested to the Volvo 940 (or 740) Wagon and 4 Banger ('78 -'79 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4d Sedan with BIG engine) type cars.

Greetings from Finland.

I am not adding any mods or so to my servers, I have open up an Folkrace server named "BenDovers Folkrace server" so if you like to join someday its just to come in and say hey and have fun! Its 8 players only to have the feeling of a real folkrace race. :)

I'm interested. Got any more information like, are there any mods needed, which class and cars, schedule?

No mods gonna be needed, it all gonna be vanilla with rules to follow. Right now I am not sure what classes but its look like A and B classes atleast and schedule gonna be around 8.00 PM UTC/GMT +1 hour, what day are not set I 1st wanna see if ppl are interested to join an event like this, my 2nd server have done great these days the update have been out (Folkrace themed server). :)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Facial_Burns

I'd be up for it and 8pm is a good time :)
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Frisker

I'd be up for this! I'll just have to warn, I may or may not be able to join at 8PM as since last week's Monday I've had fever on and off. Gotta hope it stays off when we decide to race!
It was fun racing today with Osmoz and Ben and the few others in the Folkrace server!

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

BenDover

I'd be up for this! I'll just have to warn, I may or may not be able to join at 8PM as since last week's Monday I've had fever on and off. Gotta hope it stays off when we decide to race!
It was fun racing today with Osmoz and Ben and the few others in the Folkrace server!

This event wont happen in the next 2 weeks atleast, we need more ppl that are intressted :) Atleast 8 ppl and then we will go with it, if we get more then that, that would be awesome :) Many dosent maybe know what "Folkracing" is but its like swedish rallycross :)

Frisker

This event wont happen in the next 2 weeks atleast, we need more ppl that are intressted :) Atleast 8 ppl and then we will go with it, if we get more then that, that would be awesome :) Many dosent maybe know what "Folkracing" is but its like swedish rallycross :)

Yeah, doesn't seem to be too much interest right now :(

And I looked into rallycross/folkrace a bit and it's all coming back to me! Just made me sad that there isn't an real life event near me until September :(

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

BenDover

And I looked into rallycross/folkrace a bit and it's all coming back to me! Just made me sad that there isn't an real life event near me until September :(

Later today the server will be full :) It have done really good and I have got really good feedback from others for the server, maybe this will be the next thing in NCG :) 1st clean racing and now folkrace, ofc both server will stay up aswell, sometimes you need a change from clean racing or just folkrace with those few tracks we have... But more to come I hope ! :)

Frisker

Later today the server will be full :) It have done really good and I have got really good feedback from others for the server, maybe this will be the next thing in NCG :) 1st clean racing and now folkrace, ofc both server will stay up aswell, sometimes you need a change from clean racing or just folkrace with those few tracks we have... But more to come I hope ! :)

Great, I'll have to try to get online later!

Edit. Goddamnit, my fever's going up...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:49:19 PM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Rocket455Man

Hi!

There in Finland folk race haven't "extra lap" like rallycross.

There is single route in the track only. Usually there is moved staritng line to apart from the main circuit.

There is air picture of my local Nokia track: http://nokianua.fi/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ratailmakuva.jpg
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro