Author Topic: Resume car on track - one click please  (Read 456 times)

AZ26

I'm playing with gamepad (Logitech Rumble Pad) and want it like in Flatout assignable to one button. I helped myself with choosing menu, moving down to resume button, and press button to resume. That's not the original Flatout feeling and shouldn't be on Wreckfest! 8)

conso1727

It used to be one click but was removed because it caused cheap tactics in multiplayer. I suppose it will be readded when proper recovery is added

The Very End

If they implement it I hope they add a 5 second delay to it or force you car to be standing still before you can use it. Nothing is more infuriating than instant reset in a race, really kills the spirit / feeling.

Rowdy Burns

Why not just add an engine start effect to the reset with a random time to start the engine, say between 3 (if your lucky) and 5 or more seconds? People might think twice before spamming the reset to track plus it`d be a bit more realistic!

sam223

Why not just add an engine start effect to the reset with a random time to start the engine, say between 3 (if your lucky) and 5 or more seconds? People might think twice before spamming the reset to track plus it`d be a bit more realistic!
The problem isnt after they have reset. It's people using reset to avoid being hit, resetting as soon as they leave the road etc. Would need some sort of 10 second delay adding from triggering 'reset' before the event for it to be fairer. But even then its unfair on those who want to go wrecking. If you are beached at the end of a straight for example, prime location for someone to blow you to bits. You shouldn't be able to reset just avoid being the target.

Fairest way imo would be to remove reset all together,and replace it with a rollover/unstuck mechanism. I.e press button,wait 5 seconds whilst car slowly rolls back onto it wheels. No invisibility time, make your own way back to the race track.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Rowdy Burns

The problem isnt after they have reset. It's people using reset to avoid being hit, resetting as soon as they leave the road etc. Would need some sort of 10 second delay adding from triggering 'reset' before the event for it to be fairer. But even then its unfair on those who want to go wrecking. If you are beached at the end of a straight for example, prime location for someone to blow you to bits. You shouldn't be able to reset just avoid being the target.

Fairest way imo would be to remove reset all together,and replace it with a rollover/unstuck mechanism. I.e press button,wait 5 seconds whilst car slowly rolls back onto it wheels. No invisibility time, make your own way back to the race track.
The only problem I can think with that is if the player is stuck in an awkward position or some freak graphic glitch where the vehicle wont roll into place on the track.

I recon it`d be "safer" for Bugbear to implement a reset to track in the main game. What if they could limit the resets to 3, add the delay with a darkened continue reset yes or no screen, then include the random time to get the engine started and get the car going again with no ghosting... Might add tension looking behind as you`re trying to get the car started knowing someone could just smash in the back of ya!

Just a quick thought how in banger racing they stop the race while they roll a car back on its wheels before restarting the race again...don`t think they`ll go that far in a game!

sam223

Very true, there is no easy solution. Being stuck on something would still be a problem and the real life way of doing it is unnecessary for gameplay.

The ghosting on re-spawn is needed if moving a car back to track i think, otherwise someone might reset and appear on the racing line,or inside another car.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Rowdy Burns

Then a respawn as far away from the racing line as possible with a stationary 2 second ghost to stop any instant crashes/glitches followed by un-ghosted random time engine start procedure would be fine in my book!
Definitely think the on track reset should be limited to 3 even the restart!... Maybe the car could be harder to start (take longer) with each reset or restart used?

RickyB

I'd vote for the same way as it is in Stuntfest already - hold a button and see how the car slowly turns back onto it's wheels.
Or make it a bit more interactive - press two buttons alternately - the faster you do that, the faster the car turns around.

Of course a reset option would still be necessary if you're stuck somewhere or can't get back on track because you landed way outside and there's just no way back.
I don't think I would like any randomness involved, as I don't see a reason for that.

The Very End

You people make it so complicated, that the avarage user surely will unleash hell upon this forum if reseting means buttonmashing or randomness lol ^^ Make it simple, either a certain amount from the time the button is pressed or only aviable when car is staning still - everyone wins.

TheEngiGuy

You people make it so complicated, that the avarage user surely will unleash hell upon this forum if reseting means buttonmashing or randomness lol ^^ Make it simple, either a certain amount from the time the button is pressed or only aviable when car is staning still - everyone wins.

Reset only when car is standing still is the way to go. Enjoy the crash first, you numbnut!

RickyB

... the avarage user surely will unleash hell upon this forum if reseting means buttonmashing... lol

hehe, yea ok, could be annoying. was just 'thinking out loud'. Scratch that idea :)   Still... would love to get back on my wheels without having to reset (as in stuntfest)

tads421

but what we have now works or am i missing something? The server can set if resets are allowed this must be the best solution? so if you are playing offline you have the reset. you can change the button ingame to map to your controller? just my point of view.

Purple44

but what we have now works or am i missing something? The server can set if resets are allowed this must be the best solution? so if you are playing offline you have the reset. you can change the button ingame to map to your controller? just my point of view.

Well reset\ no reset kinda work online. No resets in a derby or rough races like ovals and fig 8 races is OK. :)

But in the other tracks, sometimes it be nice have a reset available. You screw up in first turn and roll your car over the guardrail on to the roof or have some help  :P,  I guess time to take a break for the next 3-10 lap race or if it a 50 lap enduro.

I would like to have a reset available, after a 5 sec delay ( should be a time penalty to use a reset ), so I could get back into the race. and if it was a troll that took me out, I could pay him back when I catch back up with him.  :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel