Poll

Would you like to have local splitscreen?

Yes
740 (70%)
No
87 (8.2%)
Doesn't matter to me
230 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author Topic: POLL: Local splitscreen  (Read 39500 times)

Sir Undead

I don't really have any points to add, but I'm plus one vote for splitscreen. Not the most important thing, but still important. I think even more for NCG, because it's in this position of being a light of hope in the relatively unpopulated demo derby game ring. Demo derby is a pretty good genre for splitscreen in terms of fun factor, and as of right now, if someone comes over and wants to smash some cars, my options are pretty limited. Dirt Showdown has split screen I think, which doesn't mean "If they have it, why don't YOU?", but rather "Well if my friend wants to do demo derby I'm gonna have to boot up a different game instead, or take turns on NCG which certain friends may or may not have as much fun with."

Sagewise

I have used split screen for my ps3 and enjoyed it.  It would be a nice option for those that may want to play with a friend or say allow for 1 screen to be front view and 2nd screen to be rear view.  Since I will be playing this on my PC and only have a 24" led.  I am not sure how it would look playing with a 12 inch screen but I am sure that it would be great for those with larger screens or enable new options for viewing game play.  Heck split screen may be all I need to be encouraged to move my pc out to the living room and hooking it up to my big screen.  Thanks for making this poll.  Either way I am sure the game will be all it can be.  So I will vote split screen.  Keep up the great work team Bugbear.    ;)

HYLK

this thread still funny for me, since the game coming out on pc first, and might not come out on consoles. And ofcourse its a game needed to be downloaded, it means u need an internet connection, and if u got one, why do u need split screen option, cos it will take years if u only have internet connection like 56.6kb modem?
Ofcourse it could be fun when u having friends over and such, but wouldnt it be easier and more fun if u have a lan togheter?

NeatNit

this thread still funny for me, since the game coming out on pc first, and might not come out on consoles. And ofcourse its a game needed to be downloaded, it means u need an internet connection, and if u got one, why do u need split screen option, cos it will take years if u only have internet connection like 56.6kb modem?
Ofcourse it could be fun when u having friends over and such, but wouldnt it be easier and more fun if u have a lan togheter?
1. LAN is not confirmed yet (though it damn well should be!)
2. What if you don't have two gaming computers in your house and you have a friend over? Personally I have just my PC, the only other computers in the house are crappy laptops and a crappy living room desktop. Certainly nothing that can run NCG. Not sure what your situation is but most people are in the same boat as me.

Kekkonen

+1 for splitscreen support.

Ben Lind

The point with local splitscreen is that you can play with a buddy or two without any hassle to set anything up. And seeing your friends face when you ram them into a wall is pretty satisfying. :)
Overly talkative 3D-artist

ckiiln

I've always enjoyed local split screen mode more than online multiplaying.

Right now the only option for destruction-racing on a PC with split screen-support is Dirt Showdown, which is nice, but it just lacks a lot of the excitement and completeness FlatOut 2 has.. Apart from the split screen modes.

I'd be sad if this new game ends up lacking split screen in the end. I've never played via LAN, and.. Yeah. I just prefer offline local play, also because everything else just seems like such a hassle to set up.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:57:20 PM by ckiiln »

lundon44

Personally I would love to see an additional for local split screen support for local races and derby's. But I still prefer the single screen for party mode on stunts. Its more fun passing a controller around for those watching the other person pull of some craziness. I would suggest for support of up to 4 player split screen on races and derby's for local play.

Nascor

The point with local splitscreen is that you can play with a buddy or two without any hassle to set anything up. And seeing your friends face when you ram them into a wall is pretty satisfying. :)
Exactly what I wanted to say. I recently bought Dirt3 and just had a friend over and we played some splitscreen. That was when I remembered how much I love splitscreen mode and how much I miss it in most recent (racing) games. It's just much more entertaining than the online experience, nothing beats sitting face to face with your opponents ;)

proloser2

I think that local spitscreen would be epic. Not enough games come with it nowadays and its something that I will use a lot. It's such a pain to have to set up a lan game, especially when every other computer around me wouldn't be able to keep a solid 60fps (I'm talking GeForce 610m, Radeon X1400 sort of power :P).

One thing that would be truly awesome is have it so you can play online while in splitscreen (great example of this is Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, you can have up to 4 people on one computer, as well as verse other people online at the same time).
|Intel i5 4670 3.4Ghz TB 3.8Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 770 WindForce 3x 4GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, 1.3TB HDD, XFX Pro650w PSU|

SpeedDevil

I just recently had a mate come in while I was playing a racing game and he picked up the second controller ready to go but I had to disappoint him, there's so very few racing games these days that have local split-screen so it's a YES for me. :)

WolfSkyline

I don't need it, but i support the idea since so many other do
R.I.P Mathilde <3

G4Vi

Yes please include splitscreen. I have a dual ps2/ps1 controllers to usb adapter and it would be great to play splitscreen with people in my dorm.

KingOfTheCakes

I say yes to split screen, but it needs some AI drivers to smash into as well if was ever going to happen.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

proloser2

+1 for AI drivers in splitscreen.
|Intel i5 4670 3.4Ghz TB 3.8Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 770 WindForce 3x 4GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, 1.3TB HDD, XFX Pro650w PSU|