Poll

Would you like to have local splitscreen?

Yes
740 (70%)
No
87 (8.2%)
Doesn't matter to me
230 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author Topic: POLL: Local splitscreen  (Read 39506 times)

Mazay

I think it's understandable to focus on the core game now instead of additional features like split-screen. But split-screen would definitely be good and bugbear should seriously consider it.

sam223

No plans for local co-op (split screen), at least not for the time being.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/615085406650837330/#c615085406653690612

70% in this poll say they want local split-screen and still not planned? so the customers' choice is just fake? oh come on bugbear after that update failure you can't reject your supporters again. you don't have the credit left. well for us hardcore fans here you have.... but we already paid.

Depends on whether its realistically plausible. If currently local split screen would be vs max 4 AI (6 car race) offline only, there not much point in spending the time developing it. Im sure theres some reason why theyd put it on the back burner for now. Maybe development time,system resources needed etc etc
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

DerAlex

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/615085406650837330/#c615085406653690612

Dear Bugbear,

the Game wont be epical if there is no Split Screen mode.

There are so many other Car games, The Next Car Game would just be another good one.

Now you having the chance to create a epical Game that many people would love to play with friends. (besides Mario Kart)

have a nice development,

ScreenSplitter
1: i5-4690K | GTX 470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | SSD 250GB Samsung 850 Evo ~ testing FPS soon
2: i5-4570 | HD 4600 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | SSD Adata S510 60 GB | HDD 1TB  ~ 26FPS all settings low; 1280*800

Dear Bugbear,

the Game wont be epical if there is no Split Screen mode.

There are so many other Car games, The Next Car Game would just be another good one.

Now you having the chance to create a epical Game that many people would love to play with friends. (besides Mario Kart)

have a nice development,

ScreenSplitter

Yep totally agree with you, we need this mode, even oflline , should remember good old days on mario Kart64 , and makes the game immortal since replayable infintitly with pals ( i prefer to play with all my friend around my tv screen either than alone at home on the online )
I think they should firstly try 2 players with some bots on split screen, and the go further

But PLEAAAAASE, I beg you , don't forget to add this !

St. Jimmy

I can run the game in 1 hyper threaded core with 23 bots @1080p and my fps was over 60 constant.
So I guess this game could've potential to run in split-screen if the GPU is enough good. Likely need something like GTX 1070 or 1080 to be sure you can enjoy it with high frames.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

I can run the game in 1 hyper threaded core with 23 bots @1080p and my fps was over 60 constant.
So I guess this game could've potential to run in split-screen if the GPU is enough good. Likely need something like GTX 1070 or 1080 to be sure you can enjoy it with high frames.

With Wreckfest headed to the consoles, Bugbear has more incentive to do split screen now for the PC too.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

SpeedDevil

Indeed, even consoles have few games you can play split-screen these days.
Hope the console release pushes this on the to do list for the devs :)

Finsku

Any new news about local splitscreen? I play many games with my friends which supports splitscreen (sometimes 4 players at the same time).

Ratzfratz

"70% in this poll say they want local split-screen and still not planned? so the customers' choice is just fake? oh come on bugbear after that update failure you can't reject your supporters again. you don't have the credit left. well for us hardcore fans here you have.... but we already paid."

Sign!

Im looking forward fot a splitcreen mode! Playing with your friends over nights is a nice and real funny feature. which online function isnt able to port.

Bugbear, Splitscreen is a HAVE TO! I dont understand, why many games doesnt support this last years.--

tizerist

Of course! This is 2017, how can you not have split-screen co-op and vs? Racing games all the way back  from the mid 90's had it.

tolliverj

could this mean there will be splitscreen yaaaaaAAAAAYYY!!!!!! i'm so happy :)

sam223

Still no mention either way. As things stand though I'd assume its pretty low on the priorities list, lots more important things to address first.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Daystar

Still no mention either way. As things stand though I'd assume its pretty low on the priorities list, lots more important things to address first.

Oh please do enlighten us Sam... what more important things need to be addressed?

Content? mmm perhaps some more tracks & cars! and so curious if BB ever does create a big oval!
Graphics? uhm not sure on this one... although it is a bit taxing on my Radeon card recording a full field (23 cars).
Career mode? already confirmed that they are working on it. sent via a private message.
Menu Overhaul? yes I think so... but the one we currently have is pretty damn good.
Network? sure there is a couple issues that may be addressed eventually.
Game Modes? I would certainly hope so! specially a suicide mode, and tag your it type of deal!
I'm sure I missed some things, so please let us know briefly what your insights on things that need to be corrected.

Thank You

sam223

Oh please do enlighten us Sam... what more important things need to be addressed?

Content? mmm perhaps some more tracks & cars! and so curious if BB ever does create a big oval!
Graphics? uhm not sure on this one... although it is a bit taxing on my Radeon card recording a full field (23 cars).
Career mode? already confirmed that they are working on it. sent via a private message.
Menu Overhaul? yes I think so... but the one we currently have is pretty damn good.
Network? sure there is a couple issues that may be addressed eventually.
Game Modes? I would certainly hope so! specially a suicide mode, and tag your it type of deal!
I'm sure I missed some things, so please let us know briefly what your insights on things that need to be corrected.

Thank You
You just listed them pretty much, don't forget about the new 'visual parts swapping system' which means all the old cars will need additional objects adding (the bits you can change) plus any new cars will also need additional parts adding to their modelling timetable. Skin painting system they've hinted at. AI which are still dire.Sounds which are still royalty free placeholders i think. Clutch. Full console optimization aswell. Theres loads for them to do in very very ("Full Game on PC. Estimated Release: Early 2017") little time without adding more to the list. At the current pace, i don't think it'll be finished this year imo.

2-3 more patches then its the 6-8 weeks holidays again,then a couple more patches and its xmas holiday time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:51:51 PM by sam223 »

TPEHAK

If it is not difficult to realise split-screen mode in this game I would love to have it, even I would use it very rare.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME