Poll

Would you like to have local splitscreen?

Yes
739 (70%)
No
87 (8.2%)
Doesn't matter to me
230 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1051

Author Topic: POLL: Local splitscreen  (Read 36941 times)

Tonza

I say yes to split screen, but it needs some AI drivers to smash into as well if was ever going to happen.

Would be better to have an option for none or how many AI drivers

Mopower

I don't really want local splitscreen. I just want to be able to do a campaign online with friends so that we could play through a career without having to be in the same room together. I have friends that are too far to do that with... But i want to do the career with them so that it's not just normal multiplayer, know what I'm saying?
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

SpeedDevil

I don't really want local splitscreen. I just want to be able to do a campaign online with friends so that we could play through a career without having to be in the same room together. I have friends that are too far to do that with... But i want to do the career with them so that it's not just normal multiplayer, know what I'm saying?
More like co-op, hmm that could be great fun if possible. :o

tombax338

I voted for Doesn't matter to me because I don't like splitscreen that much. It would be nice to have, but its not important to have for me.

iMess

I, too, voted "Doesn't matter to me." For sure, many people around the world would love to have this. Personally, my PC is for me. Split works for consoles, sure, but not for me. Which is why LAN is more important. :)

Adenru

Since Valve is going to introduce their steambox I suppose next-gen consoles won't be needed anymore at all, I'm very interested in good way of streaming game from pc to my TV which never had television hooked to it. It's a nice feature if you have someone to play with it and many would by NCG just for that. I'd say having it or not depend on success of steambox. If it will be successful, split-screen is MUST HAVE, otehrwise... What otehrwise? It's Valve, it will work and it will be successful but clearly NCG is going to come out early for that.
This is what I think right now BB better just create an awesome game as they usually do and leave opportunity to include split-screen in patches and when steambox is released (Valve time!) incluse split-screen.
/couch-marketing off

I personally don't care.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:06:24 PM by Adenru »

Prophet

I think local multiplayer is an absolute necessity in racing games. It makes me sick that many racing games these days are moving away from this, like Need for Speed, Test Drive, etc. Even on PC (which all too often lacks local mp as well) this would get lots of use, if people don't already have controllers to play NCG with their friends, its easy enough to find some xbox controllers laying around to do so.

Looks like most are for it, or indifferent. At the very least it would get more people playing your game and spread it to more people, and provide lots more lasting appeal.

It also sounds like they will have bots to play against in the upcoming test demo, include those bots in a local mp setting and it would be perfect.

SapoPT

Prefer LAN to splitscreen. Sharing the screen is always too confusing to me and i like to see the all the things on a big screen.

Ozozer

Sometimes, I play splitscreen in games, but not very often, so I voted "I don't care", because it's not essential feature for me. The time could be used to make something else instead of splitscreen, but splitscreen is welcome feature too.

Oh, and I only play splitscreen on console, never play on PC.

Dirt showdown had  splitscreen and it was fun, and if the splitscreen comes to the NGC I would be really happy. :)
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

Wiedidog

Want to play it with my cousin. :D I still remember as we played FO2 on the PS2 and we pissed in our pants cause of laughing. :D :D
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

St. Jimmy

Local split screen and there's no need to go for consoles :D
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

rhin0x

Played all previous Flatout games back in the days and now I would be very happy to be able to play it with my daughter splitscreen :)

nbaranov

Would be a good option, specially since NCG will be released for Steam and it has the Big Picture thing. Even without Steam it would still be nice.

JackTheExecuter

I would love to get split screen mode.
i am using my Computer with my tv, Windows 8.1, Windows Media center and steam big picture mode and i have 4 xbox360 wireless controller.

i think split screen is a must have for me.
i can remeber times where me and my buddys was playin need for speed 2 on one keyboard or toca touring car with 3 player split screen and one keyboard :D

when i look in the near future then split screen will get again more popular to pc Games, more and more people will build steam machines.
Don't make the usual stuff, make something new.

Servicehans

Yes to the Splitscreen mode. Its much more fun if you are sitting together with your friends. Preferably up to 4 players.

In addition to the normal splitscreen mode, do you think its possible to make a multimonitor "splitscreen"?
example: Player 1 plays on the pc monitor, Player 2 on the secondary monitor (tv).
OR assign players to the different screen and set how the screens are split(horizontally or vertically) example: Player 1 plays on the PC monitor(not split), while Player 2 and 3 play on the tv(split).

System:
Q6600 @ 3,0ghz
4Gb DDR 2
Radeon HD7950 @ 925mhz