Author Topic: iRacing dirt racing feature later this month  (Read 870 times)

Heddly

My biggest wish is for AI drivers to test with before racing live with real people. I hate it when I ruin another driver's run because of the transition from solo to multi cars on track in a new car.

Heddly

I'm liking it a lot Purple, hoping they make a dirt modified like I used to drive.  :)

I found an old video of my first time in a dirt modified at Florence Speedway, Ky. I took it for a few "spins" around the track.  :)

Purple44

I'm liking it a lot Purple, hoping they make a dirt modified like I used to drive.  :)

I found an old video of my first time in a dirt modified at Florence Speedway, Ky. I took it for a few "spins" around the track.  :)

Rookie!  ;)   You mean that dirt modified is faster than that gokart you use to race?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

blazngun

Heddly, I live 45 minutes from Florence Speedway and went regularly for a couple years when a family friend was racing there. Actually planning on going to the North/South Shootout in august this year to see the big boys run.  I'd love to have a race car but they are nothing but an endless money pit. iRacing is much cheaper and much much safer!
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Heddly

Heddly, I live 45 minutes from Florence Speedway and went regularly for a couple years when a family friend was racing there. Actually planning on going to the North/South Shootout in august this year to see the big boys run.  I'd love to have a race car but they are nothing but an endless money pit. iRacing is much cheaper and much much safer!

That's right blazngun, I raced gokarts @ Glencoe Speedway, a drained pond turned into a banked track. I got hurt, had broken ribs,arm,elbow,shoulder a punctured lung and my helmet cracked in half. So I bought the modified from a friend for $2500 and had a $10,000 limit on one of my credit cards for expenses.

When money ran out I parked it and sold it. I always was able to drive it back onto the trailer and tow it home. The prize money covered the pit entry and fuel with a little left over for beer.  :)

Heddly

Ran the 410 Sprint @ Eldora, got down to 13.5's on laps. Included some in car viewing. Still learning.

I also found out that the NASCAR Camping World Trucks have a setting for dirt. That will be a challenge with them being so heavy.   8)

Heddly

Is Virtual Reality worth the money?

Virtual Reality Dirt iRacing VR - iRacing Dirt First Race (410 Winged Sprint Cars @ Eldora)

Heddly

Update, just got a notice:

USAC Sprint Cars | Coming April 24, where is the Modified?

blazngun

The wingless sprint is going to be a challenge to master for sure. Also impatiently waiting for Modified and Ferrari 488. Hoping they throw in a classic Ferrari (praying for F40) like they did with the Audi R8 and Audi90.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Heddly

The wingless sprint is going to be a challenge to master for sure. Also impatiently waiting for Modified and Ferrari 488. Hoping they throw in a classic Ferrari (praying for F40) like they did with the Audi R8 and Audi90.

The winged sprints seem to easier to handle than the dirt late model from my experience. I'm sure the wingless sprints will be even more of a challenge. This is my local Sprint car track.

2015 Lawrenceburg Speedway WoO/USAC