Author Topic: findRED's Real V8s Mod v0.3  (Read 717 times)

findRED

It's been a while since I last posted on these forums, and what better way to jump back then a mod release?

I present:
Real V8s Mod
This mod is aimed at using real-life data to create many more replica V8 engines primarily for the American banger cars!
    Features include:
    • Realistic HP & Torque values
    • Accessibility for all American type cars to fit any engine
    • Many choices for Hop-Up parts
    • Semi-Realistic Pricing
    The list could go on, but you get the idea.
This mod does not overwrite any original Wreckfest content, instead it adds the new content along side the stock content.

See the latest post for the June Update changes

Steam Link Here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899123145

Extract into your mods folder.
v0.321 [findRED]RealV8MODv0-321
v0.4Alpha-1 [findRED]RealV8v0-4Alpha-1
v0.4Alpha-2 [findRED]RealV80-4Alpha-2

Known issues:
Some engine sounds don't match the revvs on some engines, notably on some high-revving small blocks.
-In the future I want to use custom sounds for each engine, but that's a ways out.
No change in the engine displayed in the engine bay of any cars - That's a 3d model.
-Hopefully in the future I can customize that!

This is just a quick run-down for now, as that's all I have time to post!
Have fun, and wreck hard![/list]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:26:25 AM by findRED »
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Heddly

your mod looks like it will ad more realism to the game.

It would help to have a text file or something to explain how to use this mod. Do I overwrite the stock game data or copy the data folder to the mod folder?

findRED

After extracting the zip file, copy the file "[findRED]RealV8MODv0-3" and past it inside your mods folder.
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

Version 0.32 coming soon with:
3 new fuel systems
1 new intake
tweaked Chevit 327 and 350
Fordington 390 redone torque and hp curve to better reflect the standard engine, and fit it in Bugbear's C class.
And lots of tweaking of engine braking values, redline limiters, and base power percentage.
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

V0.321 Release
Highlights:

Tweaked all the engines
Chevit 350 & 350 Rebuilt re-balanced
Made the Fordington 390 closer to the passenger car variation of the Ford 390 (rather than the hi-po variation)  It helps balance the package and give a Big Block to the low-end C class cars
New oem 2bbl EFI fuel system.  It gives slight improvements over the oem 2bbl carb, without being too expensive.
New Ram-Air 4bbl intake and ram-air tuned carbs.  Only fits some engines.
New Super crappy (and super cheap) 4bbl and 2bbl carbs.  The junk yard just want's to give these pieces of scrap --ER I mean functioning carbs-- away!
See the official changelog for the full details.  (it's located in the zip)

You should probably delete the old file before pasting the new one in to avoid duplicate parts or other oddities
---

If you have any ideas/suggestions feel free to tell/ask them here!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:25:47 PM by findRED »
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

v0.356
Steam Release coming soon! IS NOW HERE!!!

Complete with:
New engines!
Tweaked Transmissions!
Tweaked Value settings.
And Fixed the missing exhaust manifold for the Fordington 427.

This will be the Big Update for a while, unless BB changes the code and it breaks the mod, or there's some glaring bug I havn't found.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:13:20 AM by findRED »
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

Updates!

Who loves updates?  They're better than down dates... lol ... umm, yeah, ok it's not that great of a joke...

Anyway, with the Big June Update, I will be redoing my little mod here, as I hate it when games give you a "stock - Sport - Race" upgrade system without any other thought to it other than "closer to race=more performance."  So, yes, this mod will be updated to the new system.  That will take a bit of time, so I will try to get out a "quick patch" with some dummy parts just to get by initially, but I will probably end up completely redoing my mod almost from scratch just to get it re-balanced and to incorporate new features like AI engines so they can keep pace.

The "Quick Patch" will probably not be live until after my workplace calms down a little (July 4th week is one of our top 3 busiest times of the year) and I can find more time to mod.

Thanks,
RED out!
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

Here's the v0.4 Alpha 1 update (as I'm now calling it)

I have started to restructure the folder system in the mod, it's a bit messy.
Lots of changes, the biggest ones being the new engine system & parts stuffs.
I renamed the engines in the old folder system with the prefix [Legacy] so you can choose to use those and compare them to the new ones, just note they will not be supported, and may be deleted in a future update.

For a preview of what I'm trying to accomplish, try out the new Chevit 350 and Chevit 383 stroker engines and their respective parts.  Those are a good representation of what I'm aiming for with the rest of the mod.  Most of the pricing on those 2 engines will be roughly where I'm aiming (besides the blocks).

Bugbear's change to a multiplication system to get part price has really made this more time consuming than it should be.
FYI:  the % engine efficiency is increased by a part is multiplied by the price value in value.upgv to give you the final price.
EX:  I have a racing carburetor that has a +5% engine efficiency.  The reference value is 10.  So 5 * 10 = $50 final price.
So if I ever need to tweak how much a part improves engine power, I also now need to change its reference value to get the final price back into the range I need it in.
Before the change, the final price was never higher than the price stated in the value.upgv file.  So I could use that as a hard maximum.

anyway, enough with the ranting, if you wish to try out the mod in its current state here's the download
findRED's V8 engine mod v0.4 Alpha 1 (also on the first post)

To install:
Extract the file to anywhere you like.
Copy the regular file named something like "[findRED]RealV8v0-4_Alpha_1"
and past it in Steam/steamapps/common/Bugbear Entertainment/mods

I highly recommend you disable the steam version, otherwise you'll have a lot of engines and parts that have the same name.
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

findRED

V0.4xx Alpha 2 Update

I want to get this done, so yeah, this update happens to be sooner than I originally planned.
I have now worked over the Fordington 302 family and the Chevit 454 family of engines.
The pricing for most items is $1, or their efficiency improvement percentage, as I have given a lot of items a "value" of 1 for testing purposes.

This update includes the new Fordington family of:
289ci
302ci
347ci Stroker

and the new Chevit 454 family of:
454ci Big Block
496ci Stroker Big Block

This mod is still rough around the edges.  Some of the parts are a bit op.  Some are designed that way and will later be balanced by a reasonably realistic cost.
Read the changelog.txt to see all the changes.

Install just the same way as before.  I think you can copy the contents of the unzipped file directly over your existing Alpha 1 update and allow the new files to over-right the old ones. (not tested, but should work)

Alpha 2(will also put link on original post.)

Have fun, and wreck hard!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:27:34 AM by findRED »
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

MM2 Mods

Rocket455Man

Hi!

Could you add your mod to Olds engines?

What about the gearboxes?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro