Author Topic: Game using Wreckfest image to promote Flat out 4 total insanity.  (Read 221 times)

Banditopeep

On the game.co.uk website in March releases i spotted this>   That cant be legal, i have emailed bugbear.  This has to be intentional.

TheEngiGuy

Even an Italian review site about Playstation games has used it.

Can't believe how they didn't even think "but I've never seen those cars and graphics in the game, it's probably a mistake!".

Banditopeep

Flat out 4 has apparently already been given a poor reception, i suppose using an image of wreckfest is more appealing to people who are unaware. 

Heddly

flatout-4-total-insanity-review
I would definitely prefer something with a better sense of weight, with collisions that feel real. Something more like previous FlatOut custodian Bugbear’s authentic, slower, and more tactical approach with its similarly destruction-centric racer Wreckfest, even if that game has been in Steam Early Access for going on 400 years now.

Purple44

Is this Strategy First doing some shady things again??

GRRRR
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RickyBøbby

Speaking of someone else using BugBears Intellectual Property - there are mobile apps out there that look like a copy-&-paste job of the tech sneak peak from BugBear. Not sure if this is allowed or already stealing BugBears IP. Apparently the games are free, but as far as I read, there are integrated ads - so I guess the guy who made this is making money with it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CNS.CarCrashMD

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CNS.CrashSimulator

The description mentiones "next car game & beam-ng styled game"

Just wanted to let Bugbear know.

TheEngiGuy

Can't believe how they didn't even think "but I've never seen those cars and graphics in the game, it's probably a mistake!".

Oh nice, after pointing that out they kindly changed it  :D

Banditopeep

RickyBøbby  That's nuts, just because games like this cant get into the mainstream the mainstream think they can copy it and steal images and copy assets.
I hope bugbear see it.

Banditopeep

Oh nice, after pointing that out they kindly changed it  :D

Nice, maybe they just googled flat out 4 for an image to promote and got images of wreckfest?.  That's still pretty piss poor if it went down that way, maybe only interested in AAA titles and it got overlooked.   Still problem solved!!. Well done to who ever got intouch with them.