Author Topic: Couple offroad surfaces aren't categorized as offroad.  (Read 251 times)

St. Jimmy

Speedway 2 outer. The grass isn't categorized as some of the offroad surfaces:

Tarmac 3 the sand isn't categorized as some of the offroad surfaces:

I was modding and trying to make cutting and going offroad more worse but these surfaces don't categorize as:
forest
offroad
offroad_sand
slowdown

I would've expected these to be one of those.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

blazngun

Jimmy how are you going about finding out what surfaces are what ?  Quick look in BagEdit shows oval2 (speedway2 base track) uses urban01 for the grass surface.  When I first was learning to mod I tried changing the name of the material in bagedit but it had no effect, but not 100% sure i was doing it right either. After doing the same in 3ds max to material name and it worked, I never tried this again. I will play around with it some more tomorrow to see if its possible to include the speedway2 and tarmac03 .scne files in your surface mod with one of the other offroad surfaces assigned to grass and sand.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

St. Jimmy

I found the reason http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9725.msg94997.html#msg94997

Those two surfaces used #default and default one has tarmac dynamics in the surfacelist.srfl file which is confusing. Bit weird default not using default dynamics... That's the reason why those two places have so good grip.

At least it's only these two, so it's actually a good thing because those are the biggest shortcut surfaces.

Jimmy how are you going about finding out what surfaces are what ?  Quick look in BagEdit shows oval2 (speedway2 base track) uses urban01 for the grass surface.  When I first was learning to mod I tried changing the name of the material in bagedit but it had no effect, but not 100% sure i was doing it right either. After doing the same in 3ds max to material name and it worked, I never tried this again. I will play around with it some more tomorrow to see if its possible to include the speedway2 and tarmac03 .scne files in your surface mod with one of the other offroad surfaces assigned to grass and sand.

You don't need to do it anymore. BugBear just should make those two surfaces use some other than default later like for example #slowdown. Should be pretty quick tweak in 3DS. Read more about those here:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9508.0.html

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8855.0.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:42:44 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR