Author Topic: "Pass race" button in lobby. Bot replacing by rear players.  (Read 281 times)

TPEHAK

Hello. How about to add "Pass race" button in the lobby so the players which are going to pass the next race and are going to stay on the server can just press "Pass race" button and other players will not wait 1 minute. Game does not kick the spectators anyway so this option should not harm the situation if the server is full.

It also would be awesome if bots can be replaced by real players even if the server is full except server host prohibited it.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

sam223

The problem with this is whether you are racing or spectating you put the same strain on the server.Bots also but to a lesser degree. So a server thats already at its peak (lets say 16 players), cannot accommodate additional afk players without lag. If its a popular server, you basically need to get out to make space for someone else to race. Or the people actually racing are forced to run a even smaller grid.

Bots are currently automatically replaced by players (if someone joins) whilst game is in 'lobby'
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BenDover

I like the idea, I want it myself but we dont need a new button, we should only be needing to press "Spectate" And your car wont be on the grid when the race starts, but I am backing sam at the same time, if someone need to stand down one race they should leave the spot to someone who could join that race if someone will join after you leave, but the "pass" function would be nice for admins/mods for sure if they need to spec someone :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,