Author Topic: April Update 2017-04-07  (Read 24166 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Dear Wreckers, the latest update is upon us!

This one is strictly a content update to give you something new and exciting to chew on while we continue working on the career, new user interface and a bunch of other cool features coming up later on.

First of all – and this is a big one – the update introduces a completely new car: American 5! It's a badass demolition derby style muscle car that we think fits perfectly to the style of the game. It's still very much work-in-progress with for example more liveries being added later on, but we hope you'll already enjoy taking it out for a spin to wreak some havoc!

The other big news is that we have a new track too, and not just any track but a killer dirt oval! It's something that a lot of you have requested for a long time and since we like to deliver, here it is. Since no oval is complete without a Figure 8 layout designed for close quarters vehicular mayhem we also throw that into the mix, and it's something that will no doubt become a new multiplayer favorite.

To top it off, Mixed 4 has also received a makeover. While many of the trackside objects are still being worked on, a lot of the track and environment details are already in place and track is beginning to look like real track. In case it's been a while since you played the track, now is a perfect time to check it out again!

Oh, and if you haven't heard yet (by following our official Twitter account at @bugbeargames, for example) we've published the results of the survey you might remember we ran a while ago. The results were enlightening and showed us that we're definitely on the right track, but we invite you to take a look at them yourself. The results can be viewed HERE. Thanks for taking the time to participate, we appreciate it!

Thanks for everything and happy wrecking!
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

TheEngiGuy

Didn't you say there was going to be a new car variant too?  :o

Thanks for the update, by the way!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Didn't you say there was going to be a new car variant too?  :o

We did, but since we're still on the old branch and patching stuff manually is always somewhat risky we decided to go forward without it.

In the next update, then :)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Thanks for the new car and track :) For the ones struggling with keyboard turning - the game defaultet the sterring satuation back to 75%, which makes the steering a bit slow and unresponsive. Take it down to 65% for a more snappy and responsive car turning.

The Very End

Sorry doublepost, but Mixed 4 got some rather interesting decals. I call them flying-pancake-sky-decals.

Janne Suur-Näkki

For the ones struggling with keyboard turning - the game defaultet the sterring satuation back to 75%, which makes the steering a bit slow and unresponsive. Take it down to 65% for a more snappy and responsive car turning.

Thanks, we'll check it out too and see whether it would make sense to adjust the default setting. The flipside is that quick steering might make the handling seem too twitchy and difficult for some players.

Purple44

Hi Janne, did we get the shortcut back on Mixed 4? If not, any chance having a Alt route version like we got with Mixed 5?

PS, sent you a PM early today about the dedicated server software.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

HansPremium

nice new stuff, but i really dislike the invisible walls on dirt oval, are they really necessary ?

The Very End

Hi Janne, did we get the shortcut back on Mixed 4? If not, any chance having a Alt route version like we got with Mixed 5?

That seams like a pitlane, not a shortcut.

Speedevil

PS, sent you a PM early today about the dedicated server software.

That's a joker lap, not a shortcut. It's not supposed to be faster. :P

Paul_B

@Janne , thanks for the update will drive it later.
So has the survey been a useful tool for you guys ?

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:31:14 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Janne Suur-Näkki

nice new stuff, but i really dislike the invisible walls on dirt oval, are they really necessary ?

You mean around the spectators? It's either them or an automatic reset.

If you meant does driving through the joker count as a lap, then yes.

Got your PM, thanks!

HansPremium

i rather have the automatic reset tbh   :P

Purple44

Ya it a joker lap, but work well as a shortcut when Mixed 4 first got release. But have watch out for that barrier wall on the right! :P

Edit:

If you meant does driving through the joker count as a lap, then yes.

That great news Janne. Thanks Bugbear for putting back risky shortcut, especially online.  :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:38:10 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Speedevil

Ya it a joker lap, but work well as a shortcut when Mixed 4 first got release. But have watch out for that barrier wall on the right! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFMZaYdYk8A

Well you can still cut, but there's a bump there now, so you're going to lose time.