Author Topic: April Update 2017-04-07  (Read 21569 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Ben, you mean the joker should be more difficult? We tried to introduce some challenge to it but perhaps it wasn't enough.

As for the clutch, yes - it's not easy but we're hopeful that we can add it soonish.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

RickyB

Little tiny bug report... The starting grid on Dirt Oval Figure 8 seems mixed up. -> Notice the numbers above the cars.

P.s. pleease make more game modes. "Just" adding more cars and tracks would be wasting potential and opportunity for super fun awesomeness. Also - and this may sound weird - don't rush the final game. I'd rather wait a few months more if that means there are going to be more cool game modes. (kamikaze race, soccer derby, object-cannon race + derby, ...)

BTW - what's the new car's "inspiration"? Ford Torino or something?

Tonza

Little tiny bug report... The starting grid on Dirt Oval Figure 8 seems mixed up. -> Notice the numbers above the cars.

P.s. pleease make more game modes. "Just" adding more cars and tracks would be wasting potential and opportunity for super fun awesomeness. Also - and this may sound weird - don't rush the final game. I'd rather wait a few months more if that means there are going to be more cool game modes. (kamikaze race, soccer derby, object-cannon race + derby, ...)

'65 Bel Air was the first thing that came to my mind.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:57:00 PM by Tonza »

RickyB

'65 Bel Air was the first thing that came to my mind.

Maybe it's a hybrid? The front grill area looked more like these to me ... but I'm the opposite of a car expert and am probably wrong ;)

EDIT: looked at some pictures of Bel Air's - looks a bit more like it.  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:44:04 PM by RickyBøbby »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hint: it's something beginning with Che... :)

Additional game modes have been planned, of course, but since most of them take quite a bit of time to implement we've been leaving them for later, depending on whether we have time or not. What we already know is that there will be many more scoring events for career races so you will gain score for all kinds of other activities than just driving, for example spinning other cars around, hitting them while drifting, causing chain collisions, etc.

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Tonza

Why of course it's a Chevelle  :-[

RickyB

Hint: it's something beginning with Che... :)

If it's not Chevy bel air.... Chevelle.

Janne Suur-Näkki

To be fair Bel Air was not far off, though :)

BenDover

@Ben, you mean the joker should be more difficult? We tried to introduce some challenge to it but perhaps it wasn't enough.

As for the clutch, yes - it's not easy but we're hopeful that we can add it soonish.

My bad, I dident look the new layout of the map, seems really good now, will be adding it to the Folkrace server I have, thanks for doing something about the massive cut you could do befor :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Speedevil

It reminds me of a Road Runner, too. To be fair these cars are pretty similar.

On another topic, do you plan on making the joker laps mandatory, maybe in that folkrace mode that hasn't been released yet?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:15:12 PM by Speedevil »

Peglegswansoon

Liking the new car, I think it looms pretty cool. I've noticed it seems to have pretty short ratios on the gearbox maybe? It's like you can reach top speed even in some of the twisties, just hearing a flat engine tone the whole time....

Also I'm getting the "Out of vertex buffer memory!" error when launching Sandpit 1 :( anyone else got this?

Thanks for the update though.

CrashsTestsFr

Haven't tested a lot but I encountered a really annoying bug : European 3 (II) + Rally Tires = 1000% feedback.
My wheel (T500RS) shake a lot, and every time I turn, it's like I'm hitting a bumper pushing me in the opposite direction.
I don't have the bug with American 4 (II) + Rally Tires nor with European 3 (II) + Standard Tires.

Apart from that, Mixed 4 looks good !
Type : Laptop MSI GT70
CPU : i7-4700MQ
GPU : nVidia GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 + Intel Integrated GPU
RAM : 8GB DDR3 (4GB * 2)
Controller : Xbox360 pad or G27

tolliverj

i like the new american 05 but with the banger version can we get a none modified version like the grill is still there the tail lights are still there, just kinda a stock version of it please, rusty and old looking.

Janne Suur-Näkki

@CrashsTestsFr Please don't use the Rally Tires, they should have been removed from all cars (not sure why you still have them, probably a bug).

@Peglegswansoon Try lowering grass density to medium.

sam223

Haven't tested a lot but I encountered a really annoying bug : European 3 (II) + Rally Tires = 1000% feedback.
My wheel (T500RS) shake a lot, and every time I turn, it's like I'm hitting a bumper pushing me in the opposite direction.
I don't have the bug with American 4 (II) + Rally Tires nor with European 3 (II) + Standard Tires.

Apart from that, Mixed 4 looks good !
Interesting find,the front rally tires on EU3 (II) are missing a 0 (252000 lower than others) in spring rate
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:08:14 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2