Author Topic: April Update 2017-04-07  (Read 4505 times)

Speedevil

I think the damage indicators work like armour, which means you take more damage from hits on parts that are already blacked out.

BenDover

Hi!

Where is the CLUTCH?

Read the comments.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

Hi!

Where is the CLUTCH?

As for the clutch, yes - it's not easy but we're hopeful that we can add it soonish.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Mopower

Derbying and racing online is not very fun when people can see exactly the condition of your car. Maybe try to listen to some of the people that have posted and remove nameplates and damage from multiplayer? Sucks being targeted because people know exactly what kind of hit will take you down. Hope this has been mentioned AGAIN in this here update thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:08:31 PM by Mopower »
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Pritchard

I could see that as a server option. No harm in letting the people who want it (they're out there... somewhere) keep it, but giving hosts the option of forcing it off would be great.

Finsku

Will we see newer game trailer soon-ish and some (press) material (pictures/videos) to share?  :)

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

Janne Suur-Näkki

^ We'd love that - we haven't had any time to spend to on producing promo material but hopefully we'll get external help at some point.

The player tags could be definitely a host option. Talking about host options, any other you'd like to have? We're not going to have time to add anything before the next update but in the new UI we will have more space for host options and if something is more or less straightforward for us to add we will definitely consider it as long as it makes sense.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Pritchard

Something I've wanted for a while is some kind of camera lock, at least for singleplayer. Being able to restrict my viewpoint to only the cockpit view would be great, and I can see that working as a server option as well.

The Very End

Edit: sorry a bit off topic.

Reset on / off / time delay / car must be stoped, would be nice.

Speaking of update,three quick ones: 1: is it mainly focusing on the esthetics / looks / ui next time or what do you currently schedule it to contain? 2: do you plan on adding more weather options or will you let that be up to the modders? 3: what games modes do you aspire to implement eventually (I know they come at a later stage)? Possibility to add our own, like point to point race (finishing a other place than a looped track)l objects to interact with such as capture the flag, tag, all vs one etc?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:21:47 AM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for the suggestions, time delay for reset is planned already.

Regarding the next update, it will feature the new UI functionality but it will be heavily work-in-progress and the final art will be missing mostly/completely. At this point we've been concentrating on getting everything working since we can't really update the game with some screens/features missing completely. The final art will be implemented later.

More weathers will be added further down the road when the visual style is locked down, otherwise we will waster time maintaining/updating too many weathers.

The final game modes have not been decided yet, but at least suicide race is something we'd really love to implement. The problem with user created game modes is that they're mostly impossible and/or too time consuming to implement apart from making it possible for the user to adjust scores due to game modes relying heavily on code. This could be perhaps solved by adding scipting support but it's not realistic given how much time and manpower such an undertaking would require.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Thanks for the reply :)

Suicide Race, what is that? In addition, jokerlap support (you have to take an alternative route at least once a race to not be dissqualified) when? ;) And then, custom finish line much like the proxy checkpoints are needed.
I see the point of scripting, might just cause more issues than what it's worth.

One completely off topic questions-  forgive me, do you intent to re-implement the ai vs player setting in the AI files (AI favor player setting I think it is called)? Right now it does nothing.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:37:28 PM by The Very End »

TheEngiGuy

Still "heavily" work-in-progress? Are you guys sure you will be able to meet the summer 2017 deadline?

I'm glad you're considering Suicide Race gamemode, by the way! I'm pretty sure that gamemode alone would attract many more players who are looking for more carnage and (un)intentional wrecking without breaking the rules.

sam223

Sounds good Janne. Im mostly looking forward to some sort of cup/championship gamemode. Like 'sprint cup' but with more laps (and hopefully being able to select multiple tracks/events per cup)
For host options. Force grid positions, end race (return all to lobby when hosting) would be nice
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Pritchard

Definitely agree with sam223, a multi-track sprint cup is very high on my personal wishlist, as is the ability to choose a starting grid position (in both SP and MP!).

What does Suicide Race mean as a gamemode, though? I tried googling it and all that came up was a horse race in the US. Is it some kind of "drive 'till you die" mode?

FalconXY

Can you make the number of laps saved PER TRACK please ?

I want to race 10 laps on a short oval and maybe 3 on gravel but right now when I change tracks the number of laps stays. I have to adjust each track lap number again.

EDIT:

And a user selectable game mode / track event list where you can add up several races and derbies in one list and then play them all in that order with repair sessions in between.
But the car damage (visual) should last through these stages. And only be affected if you repair user selectable sections that are the most important to survive the next event.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:15:18 PM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win7 64bit, G27 wheel