Author Topic: April Update 2017-04-07  (Read 21567 times)

CFodder

Being in the heat of battle with others. How many people remember who ran fastest lap or stage times of the race? Jimmy I am not trying to argue, but discuss if this is really that important of a feature to devote development time toward. There are a lot of features missing still.

Yup, that why I race online, for "the heat of the battle" to catch the guy in front of me or trying hard to stay ahead of the guy that on my bumper.  :D

But I do love a good T-bone in fig8 racing!!  :)
Wait. You race to catch people or stay ahead of people? I thought you just raced to take out the leader or last race's winner. Lawl
I can attest to him doing that  :D

Purple44

Being in the heat of battle with others. How many people remember who ran fastest lap or stage times of the race? Jimmy I am not trying to argue, but discuss if this is really that important of a feature to devote development time toward. There are a lot of features missing still.

Yup, that why I race online, for "the heat of the battle" to catch the guy in front of me or trying hard to stay ahead of the guy that on my bumper.  :D

But I do love a good T-bone in fig8 racing!!  :)

Wait. You race to catch people or stay ahead of people? I thought you just raced to take out the leader or last race's winner. Lawl

Ya if it oval or fig8 track I will hunt the leader if I'm not in the lead pack. Ask the guys if they are scare to pass me on the other tracks.

I have even hit my brakes to avoid taking out the guy in front of me.  :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

How many people remember who ran fastest lap or stage times of the race? Jimmy I am not trying to argue, but discuss if this is really that important of a feature to devote development time toward. There are a lot of features missing still.

Usually when I'm racing online there are people saying to each other "nice lap time" even in no rules servers, so there are people watching how fast times others can do.
I agree that there are many things that should take priority over the LB.

I personally like to hot lap in racing games and I've even done that in WreckFest. It's just interesting to see how fast you really are. There will always be those cheaters that try to find a glitch or something that they can do some ridiculous time. Currently you can't really tell how much a driver has done preparations like getting rid of some objects and has there been any cuts and it's somewhat ruining the LB.

There are also some other features that would be nice to see for the LB like lap times per car and class so you could see how quick F class AM2 is.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

blazngun

Onto a different subject. Are they putting off releasing the update to hopefully attract new customers during the upcoming steam memorial day sale? Kinda looking that way. Or, they broke something major and are e scrambling to put a Band-Aid on it. At this point, I feel it is safe to say at the very best, we can expect a late summer/ early fall release. Although my money is banking on them stalling until 2018. Hope I am wrong on this.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Purple44

Although my money is banking on them stalling until 2018. Hope I am wrong on this.

Your wrong blazngun, because if you were to end up being right, it going cost me a $50 Steam game again, this time to One:1 over at the Flatout 4 Steam forum.  :P

RickyB

Does anyone know, if all the user ratings on steam will stay after a full release (whenever that may be) ... because a lot of them are about "not enough updates" or "game is abandoned" or "not enough content yet" ... those would be invalid after a full release and I doubt everyone is going to change their rating and review ...

EDIT
Never mind, I think I found an answer.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:56:20 PM by RickyB »

CFodder

what was the anser pray tell????

I have a reivew on there that I'm about to change so it'd be intersting to know.

Purple44

Does anyone know, if all the user ratings on steam will stay after a full release (whenever that may be) ... because a lot of them are about "not enough updates" or "game is abandoned" or "not enough content yet" ... those would be invalid after a full release and I doubt everyone is going to change their rating and review ...

EDIT

Which is?

There the "last 30 days" reviews and the "recent reviews" on the store page and I think if keep reloading the recent reviews edit: there a Browse all 6,598 reviews link at bottom of page, you could read through all 6,593 reviews.

I'm thinking all reviews will stay. DIRT Rally has reach 12,500 reviews.

Hopefully with the final release version of Wreckfest, reviews will go back to being mostly positive and some those that gave a bad review, will change their review to positive one when final version of Wreckfest get release.

Edit: GGGRRR  I don't understand how some reviewers say stuff like this!!!  >:(

Recent review:

TYLER, THE CREATOR
99 products in account
1 review
Not Recommended
0.9 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Posted: May 17
3 years later and only one new track and a few cars, such a waste of money.

Edit: But I'm still finding reviews like this one when I read the recent reviews:  :D

PieterPatrick
44 products in account
4 reviews
Recommended
13.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Posted: May 4
Sorry but no time for a good review, I need the time to play more of this game!!!

I bought F1 2016 and it's great but I never play it.
I bought this today and I cannot stop playing this, this is just so much fun!
I play this with a 9 year old trustmaster wheel (Until now only playable for me in the 32 bit version).
SLI works great and ultrawide screen is supported.
There's a lot of freedom in how to play the game.
(I'm now doing the Bangers racing (50 laps) on a 8 shaped track, lol)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:03:34 PM by Purple44 »

CFodder

EDIT

Which is?

There the "last 30 days" reviews and the "recent reviews" on the store page and I think if keep reloading the recent reviews, you could read through all 6,593 reviews.

Hopefully with the final release version of Wreckfest, reviews will go back to being mostly positive and some those that gave a bad review, will change their review to positive one when final version of Wreckfest get release.
Is why I wanted to know as going to change mine from negative to positive. Still things I'd like to see done with the game but damn it's so much more enjoyable now with back to earlier builds feel.

RickyB

EDIT

Which is?
There the "last 30 days" reviews and the "recent reviews" on the store page and I think if keep reloading the recent reviews

Ya, that's about it I think. I didn't find a direct answer to that specific question, but I took it from this little article, that the ratings won't just be deleted, at least that's my interpretation. :)
"Steam tweaks reviews system to reflect changing nature of Early Access titles and post-release updates"
http://www.develop-online.net/news/steam-tweaks-reviews-system-to-reflect-changing-nature-of-early-access-titles-and-post-release-updates/0219959

...and it explained to me, why some games have the last 30 days ratings and others don't.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:36:35 PM by RickyB »

sam223

I wouldnt worry about steam reviews too much. The more people who leave nonsense reviews on all games. I.E game is bad because its never been updated (even though it has). The more it makes the entire steam review system worthless.
The whole system needs to be more indepth really, forcing people to review based on specific criteria. Rather than review based on nothing like now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:42:42 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RickyB

Totally. Some reviews are really facepalm worthy. Seen stuff like "duh, Game XY runs like crap on my 10 year old potato = bad rating"

Personally I don't care that much, was just curious. Maybe it could have a bad influence on sales for games and developer studios that deserve better, if people just see so many bad reviews and don't actually read them or compare. Well, maybe with the last 30 days ratings it will get better after full release.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:17:09 PM by RickyB »

TheEngiGuy

Totally. Some reviews are really facepalm worthy. Seen stuff like "duh, Game XY runs like crap on my 10 year old potato = bad rating"

Personally I don't care that much, was just curious. Maybe it could have a bad influence on sales for games and developer studios that deserve better, if people just see so many bad reviews and don't actually read them or compare. Well, maybe with the last 30 days ratings it will get better after full release.

All these "facepalm worthy" reviews are always in the top category. Says a lot about the Steam community really.

Rowdy Burns

I seen all them negative reviews on steam before I preordered my PS4 copy and they never put me off... Maybe because I just know that they`re all numbskulls!!

Green1

EDIT

Which is?

There the "last 30 days" reviews and the "recent reviews" on the store page and I think if keep reloading the recent reviews edit: there a Browse all 6,598 reviews link at bottom of page, you could read through all 6,593 reviews.

Edit: GGGRRR  I don't understand how some reviewers say stuff like this!!!  >:(

Recent review:

TYLER, THE CREATOR
99 products in account
1 review
Not Recommended
0.9 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Posted: May 17
3 years later and only one new track and a few cars, such a waste of money.

Edit: But I'm still finding reviews like this one when I read the recent reviews:  :D

PieterPatrick
44 products in account
4 reviews
Recommended
13.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Posted: May 4
Sorry but no time for a good review, I need the time to play more of this game!!!

I bought F1 2016 and it's great but I never play it.
I bought this today and I cannot stop playing this, this is just so much fun!
I play this with a 9 year old trustmaster wheel (Until now only playable for me in the 32 bit version).
SLI works great and ultrawide screen is supported.
There's a lot of freedom in how to play the game.
(I'm now doing the Bangers racing (50 laps) on a 8 shaped track, lol)

I`ve done what I could by downvoting as many as I can stand to read before I start feeling nauseous. lol

I`m sure you read my comment on that idiots review purp. I for real have to avoid reading them at times cause it puts me in a bad mood.