Author Topic: Where do I get the Next Car Game tech demo?  (Read 2476 times)

Videogamer555

I've seen a number of people including Nerd^3 playing this tech demo on Youtube, and was wondering where to download a copy of this myself?

Videogamer555

From my research, it seems that the tech demo is no longer linked to from the official Next Car Game website. However, further Googling got me this Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBcipjfAefg which in the video's description there is a link to download the tech demo from Mediafire. For convenience of anybody else who is looking for the download link, I've posted the Mediafire download link here.
LINK DELETED because apparently version 2.0 was never available for free.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:29:49 AM by Videogamer555 »

Purple44

Bugbear also posted a link in this thread:

Is the original Tech Demo still avaliable?

For the time being, you can use this download link: https://mega.nz/#!aoERzIgZ!urgqtZfVq1Vj0dN4KTXoN2LnrfWBtWiz3kzfbGQu82Q

This Nerd^3 video is Sneak Peek v2.0 ( have to buy NCG to get this version ), not the free v1.0 that does not have the spider or object cannon.

v2.0

V1.0

Did Nerd^3 do a v1.0 video?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Videogamer555

Bugbear also posted a link in this thread:

Is the original Tech Demo still avaliable?

For the time being, you can use this download link: https://mega.nz/#!aoERzIgZ!urgqtZfVq1Vj0dN4KTXoN2LnrfWBtWiz3kzfbGQu82Q

This Nerd^3 video is Sneak Peek v2.0 ( have to buy NCG to get this version ), not the free v1.0 that does not have the spider or object cannon.

From my research on the availability of the Tech Demo game, I'm under the impression that version 2.0 used to be free too (just like tech demo 1.0 is). To get the tech demo v2.0, my research indicates that you used to only need to subscribe to the Next Car Demo newsletter, which was a completely free subscription (the subscription just got you the latest news about the game emailed to your email account, and also a download link for tech demo version 2.0). On account of the fact that it used to be free, it seems quite unfair to now require new people who want to play it to pay for it, even though v2.0 of the tech demo is exactly identical to v2.0 of the tech demo when it first came out (no new features, not even a new version number like 2.1). On account of that, I posted the download link to version 2.0 of the tech demo, so that people can easily download it, without having to buy the full game. And in case you are wondering why I did this, it is because from looking video of the full game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcIttSFLpaQ the full game is SO MUCH BETTER than the tech demo (even better than version 2.0 of the tech demo) that it would be worth buying the full version on its own merits, and also because it is completely unfair for a company to previously distribute version 2.0 of the tech demo for free with their free news letter, and then to suddenly decide you can only get the same version 2.0 tech demo when you buy the full version of the game. If you check the Mediafire link I posted in my second post in this thread, you will see it is for version 2.0 (Your Mega download link is only for version 1.0), and if you check the Youtube video also in that thread, you will see that the video description contains the same link, so it's not like I uploaded it myself. I'm just sharing somebody else's download link.

Purple44

You read wrong somewhere. The Sneak Peek v2.0 Demo was never release for free by Bugbear, only v1.0. The The Sneak Peek v2.0 is a reward for anybody that pre-ordering NCG\ Wreckfest from Bugbear web site or from Steam. Some us paid $70 for that demo.   :P

I'm not moderator, but I would ask you remove the download link to v2.0, please.

Videogamer555

You read wrong somewhere. The Sneak Peek v2.0 Demo was never release for free by Bugbear, only v1.0. The The Sneak Peek v2.0 is a reward for anybody that pre-ordering NCG\ Wreckfest from Bugbear web site or from Steam. Some us paid $70 for that demo.   :P

I'm not moderator, but I would ask you remove the download link to v2.0, please.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I have now deleted the Mediafire link to download version 2.0. However, I left the link to the Youtube video where I originally found the Mediafire link. If the company BugBear wishes to purse this issue further, they can have a moderator delete my link to the Youtube video in question and/or send Youtube a copyright infringement letter asking Youtube to remove the video (or edit the video description text so as to make sure the description does not contain the download link in question).

Just curious though now, does tech demo 2.0 only come with pre-orders, such that when the game is finally released, it will no longer be possible to get a copy of it? Or will it also be available to anybody who purchases the full version of the game after the game is released, as part of their normal purchase of the game?

Purple44

Ok. Thanks for the info. I have now deleted the Mediafire link to download version 2.0. However, I left the link to the Youtube video where I originally found the Mediafire link. If the company BugBear wishes to purse this issue further, they can have a moderator delete my link to the Youtube video in question and/or send Youtube a copyright infringement letter asking Youtube to remove the video (or edit the video description text so as to make sure the description does not contain the download link in question).

Just curious though now, does tech demo 2.0 only come with pre-orders, such that when the game is finally released, it will no longer be possible to get a copy of it? Or will it also be available to anybody who purchases the full version of the game after the game is released, as part of their normal purchase of the game?

Good question. My hope was to see a Sneak Peek v3.0 release with the final version of Wreckfest. Sneak Peek with some more stuff, like an online object cannon derby mode.  :D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:34:23 AM by Purple44 »