Author Topic: Colors  (Read 411 times)

Iwasawa

So, i tried the game after like months, and the first thing i noticed are.... MY EYES. Its BURNING. The colors are just terrible, like a fanmade contrast mod for gta5 looks ridiculous.
I have a (technically color correct) monitor.(it was calibrated long ago)
Anyway, so what i want to say is, i made a little color correction in photoshop, imho the game would look much better like this, i just cant stand theese overly saturated colors.

Desaturated the image, and tried to give the road a more beliveable color.

Iwasawa

Also i give the image an overall blue touch, to imitate the blue skylight.

The Very End

Maybe I'm getting old eyes, but I love those extra colors :p Maybe BB could implement some sliders in the menu so people could play around with contrast, lightning / colors and so on?

Tonza

Maybe I'm getting old eyes, but I love those extra colors :p Maybe BB could implement some sliders in the menu so people could play around with contrast, lightning / colors and so on?
Yeah I also prefer the more vibrant one. Like a real nice summer evening  8)

TheEngiGuy

At the moment, you could use reshade.

http://reshade.me/

Speedevil

I like the more vibrant colors. Just adding the option to tweak the gamma should be enough, isn't that already implemented?

blazngun

Odd that so many prefer it to look fake.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Zebulon55

Maybe the game will have seasons, and the bright greens are springtime.   ;)

Daystar

I would just like to point out... Bugbear only has 2 sky selections. believe it is Clear and Sunset. that is only 2 different skyboxes.

I can illustrate other color hues by having different skybox environments. these are some of my different skies I have made in the past. and it does reflect onto the tracks, objects etc...

Either create your own skies, download one of my skypacks, edit the built in Wreckfest skies with Bagedit, or get used to the only 2 variations Bugbear has to offer so far. thats my 2 cents on the matter.   :)

MamieNova

I find the real world more beautiful though my polarised sunglasses too.
Although I would agree that the gravel looks a bit too red. I guess these colour settings make a realistic environment look kinda cartoonish, and that gives an odd feeling if you're looking for realism.
To be honest, I play WF for the cars, their physics and technical routes to learn. I don't care ONE second for realistic environment.
At the moment, I absolutely hate tarmac 3 mostly because of its appearance. There's nothing, it's a damn desert. Sure that's how most real tracks look like: you don't wanna destroy your expensive car when you miss a corner, but this is a video game, totalling your car does not cost a dime.
Put back the construction machines on the sandpit tracks, they have exactly the same role as mixed 5's tyres towers, it's just a bit crazier.

Current colours, current physics on flatout2esque tracks would be my dream game.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Tonza

I find the real world more beautiful though my polarised sunglasses too.
Although I would agree that the gravel looks a bit too red. I guess these colour settings make a realistic environment look kinda cartoonish, and that gives an odd feeling if you're looking for realism.
To be honest, I play WF for the cars, their physics and technical routes to learn. I don't care ONE second for realistic environment.
At the moment, I absolutely hate tarmac 3 mostly because of its appearance. There's nothing, it's a damn desert. Sure that's how most real tracks look like: you don't wanna destroy your expensive car when you miss a corner, but this is a video game, totalling your car does not cost a dime.
Put back the construction machines on the sandpit tracks, they have exactly the same role as mixed 5's tyres towers, it's just a bit crazier.

Current colours, current physics on flatout2esque tracks would be my dream game.

I'd love it if Bugbear could make at least one of the tarmac tracks like the ones we had in Flatout 1 and 2- potholes, construction / track maintenance stuff, broken bits of the track etc

RickyB

A possibility for color adjustment would be great! (besides brightness and contrast)  Or different post processing filters to choose from. Did some experimenting with reshade/sweetFX in earlier builds - nice little tool :)

(maybe there was some photoshop involved, can't remember.)... doesn't really matter, possible with postprocessing filters or reshade/sweetFX as well.

Mazay

Earlier wreckfest used to have kind of dynamic brightness / exposure. When you drove under dark bridge more light were added. It worked very well imo. and look good also. I wonder why it was removed.

Speedevil

Earlier wreckfest used to have kind of dynamic brightness / exposure. When you drove under dark bridge more light were added. It worked very well imo. and look good also. I wonder why it was removed.

I guess it was removed when they overhauled their engine, wasn't it?

Iwasawa

Well, its not all tracks that are effected, or at least not on the same level. And theese settings vary from monitor to monitor.
I just wated to point out, that the game on an actually colorful monitor, looks way to saturated. It actually hurts the eye, so much different colors, and it really makes hard to see anything in the shadows, because they are too dark and contrasted. (or it might be my preferred thingy)