Author Topic: Introduced my 4 year old to Destruction Derby  (Read 228 times)

Telekill

In my anticipation of Wreckfest I hooked up my PS2 and played the PS1 games of both Destruction Derby and DD2. My four year old and I would take turns and she didn't mind using the d-pad to steer as she's used to using it on her 2DS. I popped in the first game and we played around for a few tracks. She was doing really well; especially in the bowl. Then we started the second game and as it goes faster and the opposition is more pushy she started yelling at the other drivers like I do when I normally drive us around in the real world. Imagine a four year old little girl playing DD2 and yelling...

"Stay in your lane jerk!"
"What's wrong with you!?"
"Are you drunk!?"
"What are you doing!?"

We had a blast playing and then I showed her the trailer for Wreckfest. She got excited saying that the new game looks a lot better which she meant graphics-wise. Looking forward to playing this; hopefully soonish.

dave_mx85

In my anticipation of Wreckfest I hooked up my PS2 and played the PS1 games of both Destruction Derby and DD2. My four year old and I would take turns and she didn't mind using the d-pad to steer as she's used to using it on her 2DS. I popped in the first game and we played around for a few tracks. She was doing really well; especially in the bowl. Then we started the second game and as it goes faster and the opposition is more pushy she started yelling at the other drivers like I do when I normally drive us around in the real world. Imagine a four year old little girl playing DD2 and yelling...

"Stay in your lane jerk!"
"What's wrong with you!?"
"Are you drunk!?"
"What are you doing!?"

We had a blast playing and then I showed her the trailer for Wreckfest. She got excited saying that the new game looks a lot better which she meant graphics-wise. Looking forward to playing this; hopefully soonish.
Hehe, now its the turn of demolition racer, he will get a blast when he land on the roof of the car with a death from above