Author Topic: Add Starting Position option  (Read 510 times)

Erik Crusader

Hi there,

Really enjoying the latest build!

One thing I run into is that I like to start at the back of a big grid (20~ cars) and then try to win in about 5 laps worth. Unfortunately, as far as I know, I can't set my starting position. I just have to quit the race if I start in the front and reload to hope I get a 'better' (well worse really) starting position. As an alternative I pull over at the start and let the field pass, but still.

Anyhow, an option in the race settings to set your starting position manually would be much appreciated! :)

The Very End

Totally agree :)

blazngun

+1
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

RickyB

+1

...That reminds me... (*searching forum*)... ah, there it is... oh wow, In 2 months it will be 2 years ago since I suggested this for the same reason.  :o 
I really would like to be able to choose the starting position in singleplayer quick race. You could choose position 1-24 or 'random'. would really love that... need that :)
for example:

What I mostly do now during start is just wait for the AI cars to pass by and then start to chase 'em :) That way there's no need to reload the whole map/race.

Erik Crusader

+1

...That reminds me... (*searching forum*)... ah, there it is... oh wow, In 2 months it will be 2 years ago since I suggested this for the same reason.  :o 
I really would like to be able to choose the starting position in singleplayer quick race. You could choose position 1-24 or 'random'. would really love that... need that :)
for example:

What I mostly do now during start is just wait for the AI cars to pass by and then start to chase 'em :) That way there's no need to reload the whole map/race.

Sorry to steal your thunder RickyBøbby  :D

Thanks for making that mock-up back in the day, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

RickyB

Don't worry, you didn't steal anything. :) I'm glad that this suggestion came up again, maybe this time the devs will notice it. fingers crossed.

II-WalkerGer-II

+1
Think like a Proton!

My Rig:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.2Ghz (custom cooler)
16GB RAM - Windows 10