Author Topic: G27 FFB  (Read 321 times)

eje005

Do any other G27 users find that the FFB doesn't really relay any information?  I can't tell when I do or don't have traction, when I'm sliding or when I'm gripping.  Typically in a different game where I can't feel it on the FFB the sound design picks up the slack and gives you some pretty sharp clues but in Wreckfest on anything other than Tarmac there's little to no sound coming from the tires so I can never tell if I have traction or not.

Particularly in the cockpit view, which is the only view to play a racing game in, I feel very sensory deprived and never have full control of the vehicle.  In DiRT Rally I'm always very precisely aware what kind of traction I have at any given moment and even if I'm on uneven ground or relatively level ground all just from the FFB.

sam223

A few friends have complained about lack of FFB,especially when driving lighter weight cars. Ive found that reducing tire rebound rate seems to improve FFB strength
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

Yeah lighter cars especially the Euro 1 rear weighted there's not much of a feel. Also generally the force feedback is pretty basic and not really good. There's a big difference in force depending on a car. Where the Euro 1 100% might feel still bit light, 60-80% is enough for others.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

eje005

Yeah lighter cars especially the Euro 1 rear weighted there's not much of a feel. Also generally the force feedback is pretty basic and not really good. There's a big difference in force depending on a car. Where the Euro 1 100% might feel still bit light, 60-80% is enough for others.

I have it at 50% for the AM4 and in terms of 'feeling' something, that's pretty acceptable, but the actual information the game sends through the FFB is too minimal for it to be of any real use.  It's not exactly fair to compare this to DiRT Rally, but in DiRT Rally if your left half of the car was on a ridge or steeper slope, or you were driving on a bank, you felt it in the wheel.  You could also feel the cars weight shifting around in the wheel.

I just I was just kind of wondering if there was something I was missing or if the FFB was just too low on the priority list at the moment.

pben1

I have a Thrustmaster TX the FFB is sort of okay, but can't really see us getting it to a level of something like Rfactor2. The survey shows 51% of users with a gamepad an wheel users around 30%, keyboard at 20%. So can't see it being on the top of the list in development
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

MamieNova

Using a G29 (sometimes)
In my experience, anything under 70 or 80% is close to useless. Over that, I've found that I feel pretty well what's happening (lighter cars will probably even require 100%, that's annoying).
But with that strong of a FB, my arms start to hurt pretty quickly XD
IIRC, you should use at least 360° rotation, it helps too.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Gerty

Do any other G27 users find that the FFB doesn't really relay any information?  I can't tell when I do or don't have traction, when I'm sliding or when I'm gripping.  Typically in a different game where I can't feel it on the FFB the sound design picks up the slack and gives you some pretty sharp clues but in Wreckfest on anything other than Tarmac there's little to no sound coming from the tires so I can never tell if I have traction or not.

Particularly in the cockpit view, which is the only view to play a racing game in, I feel very sensory deprived and never have full control of the vehicle.  In DiRT Rally I'm always very precisely aware what kind of traction I have at any given moment and even if I'm on uneven ground or relatively level ground all just from the FFB.
I have an opposite experience. I always struggled to understand what cars are doing in Dirt Rally. Maybe apart from 00's, 90's and 70's cars.
In Wreckfest core ffb(grip & weight transfer) seems solid to me. Probably missing some effects but does the job.
I fully agree with you about audio clues through.
AMD FX-8320 | 8gb RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX970 |  Windows 10 Pro x64 | Logitech G27

sam223

The best thing about wreckfest imo is that you can fiddle with everything. data/property/input/rumble_xbox_wheel.isru is maybe wheel specific FFB settings.

If you wanted to try lower rebound rates of tires like said in the first post its data/vehicle/'chassis name here'/part/tires/'tire name here'.veti and lower the spring rate. Game currently has them set at 350000, 190000 seems better from testing.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:36:35 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2