Author Topic: Give us option to remove the auto-roll back on wheels  (Read 312 times)

St. Jimmy

it looks pretty bad when the cars roll back on their wheels automatically most of the time. Is there some deeper engine stuff that we can't change? If so I'd request to be able to change it to make things feel more realistic. I can understand if you want to keep it that way for the base game.

Or is this just some inertia and center of gravity balance that makes the car behave unnaturally when on their sides/hood?

Possible to make the cars behave more natural and then give option for auto-roll back?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TheEngiGuy

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. Before build 7 cars behaved naturally.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's indeed a pretty complex phenomenon related to center of gravity, inertia, body/wheel mass, whether the car has deformed or not and whatnot.

Therefore, it's sadly not just an option we can tick on/off. That said, we will see what we can do.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

TheEngiGuy

It's indeed a pretty complex phenomenon related to center of gravity, inertia, body/wheel mass, whether the car has deformed or not and whatnot.

Therefore, it's sadly not just an option we can tick on/off. That said, we will see what we can do.

Thanks!

Cars automatically trying to get back onto their wheels affect the general physics, so the way they flip and/or go airborne does look unnatural most of the time. I hope you will be able to do something about it.

Purple44

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. Before build 7 cars behaved naturally.

Huh, cars doing pirouette on the nose of the car is natural with Build #6?? I remember seeing this happening a lot.

I'm happy the cars will roll back over half the time. Less times I have ask for help online to get tip back over. Cars still do end up on their side or roof, so for me, I'm happy enough with how the cars roll\tumble now. The cars were to heavy last year, but now cars can go for a good tumble again.  :D

Here Build #6 crash video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvL6F53lLI

Here February 2017 Build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5oFaiQ5M98

First time watching basti4655 crash video last month, reminded me of a Flatout 1 crash video.  :D

I think Bugbear in a tough spot with rollovers to find a balance that would please everybody. But I think Wreckfest is in a good spot now. Would not care see the cars more likely be stuck on their side or roof. We love a good tumble run, but being stuck on your side or roof a lot is no fun online ( think no resets ).  :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Kind of good to hear it's about those things. Maybe it's then somewhat fixable then, except when the car has already deformed a lot, but that's understandable. Need to do some tests again with those things later to see what can be done.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR