Author Topic: Blue smoke and less dust  (Read 569 times)

FalconXY

While watching Banger Racing videos I noticed that on some cars there is blue and white smoke from the exhaust too.
That is missing in Wreckfest. A lot of old engines burn oil on high revs so could you please add that on some cars.

And less dust on gravel races please. I mean off track the dust amount like it is now will be ok. But most of the real life tracks are damp (watered) earth tracks so there is only a bit of dust on the main driving areas.

Thanks  ;D
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Daystar

While watching Banger Racing videos I noticed that on some cars there is blue and white smoke from the exhaust too.
That is missing in Wreckfest. A lot of old engines burn oil on high revs so could you please add that on some cars.

And less dust on gravel races please. I mean off track the dust amount like it is now will be ok. But most of the real life tracks are damp (watered) earth tracks so there is only a bit of dust on the main driving areas.

Thanks  ;D

I agree with your suggestions! also on lower end pc's a lot of the dirt clouds, lingering smoke will impact fps for sure. a little tip: if you have Vin Petrol's "Nascar Legends" mod enabled, you will get a lot of what I mentioned. No offense ofc Vin! you rock with your cool mod. just sayin.. if you need better performance and have a not so great gfx card (like me  >:() than may want to temporary disable said mod until needed for some awesome Nascar style racing.

Heddly

Thanks  ;D

That would be good to add to the stock game. As your engine wears and takes damage it would add a more realistic environment.

Umber

Nice observation. I'd love to see this implemented. Little things like that go a long way in creating the right atmosphere and feel of the game.

The Very End

Just add it with Bagedit. You can either add a new smoke effect or alter the ones that are already in game.

Purple44

Hmmm, guess I need go ask Sam what file give tire smoke it color, time for some purple smoke.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

It's located in the weather .weat files. in the car section.

Purple44

Skidmark settings would effect the color of smoke coming off the tires?

If this is so, would I have to make change to all weathers maps I use?

Daystar

I do not know... test it maybe Purple  :D Or maybe I will test it after my coffee. I am really curious now also! and wow you are up early Purp! hehe

Purple44

I do not know... test it maybe Purple  :D Or maybe I will test it after my coffee. I am really curious now also! and wow you are up early Purp! hehe

Have not gone to bed yet. Will here shortly.

Looking at the skidmark settings, it look like it would effect the color of a skidmark. Don't see how this would effect tire smoke. So were you joking when you made post Daystar?

Daystar

Have not gone to bed yet. Will here shortly.

Looking at the skidmark settings, it look like it would effect the color of a skidmark. Don't see how this would effect tire smoke. So were you joking when you made post Daystar?

Ahh I see.. and no I was actually confused a bit. sorry my bad  :-\  I somehow confused skidmark color as something to do with smoke.. getting old and my dang eyes is still failing me a bit.

St. Jimmy

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9768.0.html

Tire smoke and particle settings can be found in data\property\effects\tire
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Jimmy is correct about tire smoke. Not sure what those skidmark settings that daystar found do. As skid marks are a texture. Maybe that weather setting is lighting of that texture, guessing from the 'skidmark specular colour'
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9768.0.html

Tire smoke and particle settings can be found in data\property\effects\tire

Thanks Jimmy for the info. I got purple smoke now.  :D

I made a \purple_smoke\data\property\effects\tire\asphalt folder under my \mods folder and copy over:

asphalt_friction.fxbp
asphalt_friction.fxcn
asphalt_slide.fxbp
asphalt_slide.fxcn
asphalt_slip.fxbp
asphalt_slip.fxcn

There also \gravel and \offroadsand and wettarmac folders, these folders I left stock. Not looking for purple dust.  :P

I used Photoshop to get the #8F16DC color number:

I tried just a purple asphalt_friction.fxbp and did not see any purple smoke in the derby arena. So not sure what trigger this smoke. asphalt_slip.fxbp smoke you see doing donuts if I remember right and asphalt_slide.fxbp smoke you see in the turns with some asphalt_slip.fxbp smoke mixed in.

I change asphalt_slide.fxbp to get some orange smoke.

I like having the 2 color effect in the smoke, but did not care to just see orange smoke depending what car was doing. So I made asphalt_slip.fxbp smoke a little darker purple than the asphalt_slide.fxbp. It hard tell, but I know it there.

I guess I should head off to bed, you guys keeping me up late ( 6:30am ).   ;)

Daystar

Just did a test with different skidmark colors. and guess what? it does not work. so I have no idea why not sam...

And looks cool Purple! night dude.