Author Topic: Its time to save this game!  (Read 3471 times)

BenDover

Appreciate the enthusiasm, BUT I'd definitely wait for the update that features new UI and paintshop and hopefully some needed fixes.

First impressions are important - if someone is trying to "lure back" (win back) players that haven't played a long time or even uninstalled it a year ago - then it would be a much better time with a fresh polished UI and stuff to make a new better impression. Otherwise I can only imagine a lot of reactions would be like:

"Oh, hmm, same ugly UI, same weird crew and repair mechanic, still no career, not really a lot of car paint jobs (a car with ONE skin?) ... Sandpit 1 Route 1 Reverse is messed up = undrivable... The ragdoll is still broken... ? eehhm, no thanks."

This is not what I would like to have as a new first impression (probably not even bugbear) :) It's just not an ideal time right now.

Ppl will still come for the beta update, why not try to bring more life into the game befor, the last 3 updates have been good for the gameplay, just becuse we know there would come a new UI many dosent know that and are fine with the UI, and the crew and repair is easy to understand + you dont need to fix your car alot :P About car paints I dont care, ofc it could be fun with more paint jobs but its EA. Sandpit I can see like the only problem here tbh, who cares about the ragdolls? Its nothing who destroy gameplay :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

lastbreath

I'm going to buy the game on next discount )) User tracks saved this game for me ))

Telekill

I joined up last week or so preordering the PS4 version. I'm not expecting the PS4 version until probably late summer or early fall regardless that it stated Spring 2017. That said, I ended up downloading the beta on my computer and to my shock the game actually ran. Keep in mind, my PC is probably about as powerful as an Xbox 360. I will say that the physics need a bit of work as my car felt like butter. I've never seen a car get as crushed as my car got in a short few seconds. My driver would definitely have been dead and yet the car was still driving.

I'm still very excited for the PS4 release but haven't returned to the beta of the game because I don't have a lot of gaming time anymore. Mid 30's with a family and full time job tend to take most of my time. Then I'm playing games like For Honor and Mass Effect Andromeda and enjoying the hell out of those on my PS4. I also just picked up a Nintendo Switch for the family and will be knee deep in Zelda and Mario Kart a week from today.

It's a great year for gaming with games in nearly every genre hitting on most systems and quite a few incredible top tier games releasing. There is so much to play right now that there just isn't the time. If Bugbear want to get more people to come to this game then they need to really step up their advertising. The community can do a little but we shouldn't be counted on to be the pull of the game. I did do my part and made threads on the gaming forums I visit regularly but there wasn't much in the way of replies. I guess it's a niche racing game.

RickyB

... why not try to bring more life into the game befor, ...

I just tried to explain that.
who cares (...) ?

Other people. Other people are out there who care about stuff like usability, look and feel of the UI, car skins, working ragdoll, working maps that don't crash the game when your grass settings are higher than medium, a small figure 8 track where fences don't overlap into the track, cars sometimes bouncing off the ground like crazy after a landing, etc. etc. A lot of small things that, combined, can easily make a bad first impression to other people.

Purple44

... why not try to bring more life into the game befor, ...

I just tried to explain that.
who cares (...) ?

Other people. Other people are out there who care about stuff like usability, look and feel of the UI, car skins, working ragdoll, working maps that don't crash the game when your grass settings are higher than medium, a small figure 8 track where fences don't overlap into the track, cars sometimes bouncing off the ground like crazy after a landing, etc. etc. A lot of small things that, combined, can easily make a bad first impression to other people.

I agree, I don't think Wreckfest is ready yet for a second look for those players that been gone from the game a year or more. They may of tried a bad Build that drove some away and current Build has some issues, like Sandpit 1. So I will wait for a stable beta Branch release before I try and get guys to give Wreckfest a second look.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BenDover

Yeah I will just drop it then, just trying to take the community togheter but it was a waste of time. I see that now. Trying to do something positive for the community but nah, its not worth it anymore.
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Tonza

Yeah I will just drop it then, just trying to take the community togheter but it was a waste of time. I see that now. Trying to do something positive for the community but nah, its not worth it anymore.
I think "anymore" is bit too harsh to say.. hopefully the next update gets some attention to Wreckfest again. It's better to wait for more polished build.

Konan

True...no need to give up...the time will come :-))

Purple44

You got good idea Ben, but these players come back for second look and take a spin on Snadpit 1, a popular track, they going be upset again and we could lose them for good. The timing for your idea just not right, I think. Sometime next month we should get the new Beta Branch, Wreckfest will have a new look and hopefully the long awaited for career mode to start testing and maybe the 5 second delayed reset and Team scoring that scales with the numbers that are in the race will be in Wreckfest. Be good time then for past players to take that second look before Wreckfest reaches final version release later this year.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DD-Indeed

Last night I played the game again with friend and I was suprised, how empty the online multiplayer was. There was only two servers, with around 15 players in each, so total of 30 players. So definitely heavy promotion is needed to be done until the final release to convince people to start playing it again. Current state of the game shows a good promise regarding to the future, but it's still too much reminding people about the issues it still has. New UI would definitely do good for it and improve the overall impression, so people would treat it more like a ''new game''.

BenDover

Yeah 110 online atm and only around 35 who is playing online...

rhamm

I'll come back when the game is done. You guys continue to beta test.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:55:29 AM by rhamm »
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Janne Suur-Näkki

Appreciate the enthusiasm, BUT I'd definitely wait for the update that features new UI and paintshop and hopefully some needed fixes.

First impressions are important - if someone is trying to "lure back" (win back) players that haven't played a long time or even uninstalled it a year ago - then it would be a much better time with a fresh polished UI and stuff to make a new better impression. Otherwise I can only imagine a lot of reactions would be like:

"Oh, hmm, same ugly UI, same weird crew and repair mechanic, still no career, not really a lot of car paint jobs (a car with ONE skin?) ... Sandpit 1 Route 1 Reverse is messed up = undrivable... The ragdoll is still broken... ? eehhm, no thanks."

This is not what I would like to have as a new first impression (probably not even bugbear) :) It's just not an ideal time right now.

This. We've been working very hard for the last few months to, for the lack of a better word, to resurrect the game. There's no use to promote the game at this stage when, even if you get people to check out the game again, it's the still basically the same thing they've seen before. You have to consider that many of the "small" features we've been implementing due to feedback we've received from you guys mean absolutely nothing for the general populace since, although those little things might seem important to you and us, they're pretty insignificant for the most of the people who are looking for a wide variety of cars, extensive car customization, a modern UI, a proper career, a host of fun game modes, nice visuals and all those bells and whistles. Of course those are pretty significant features, each of them, and although we can't obviously have all them right away with the resources we have, the new update will have a lot of new stuff in it making the game feel fresh, give a better first impression and of course show that we have a renewed focus for the game.

Although the development time on our game has been pretty long I think it's one of the evils of Early Access. I have many Early Access titles in Steam library that I've had for years, and most of the time when I check them after a half a year or so I'm like "Well, I don't see much new here, I'll check back again in half a year." That's because even with all the improvements that have been done the game itself looks and plays very much the same as it used to. To impress players you would need to have epic changes but of course that's not possible or even the point of Early Access.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

rat@@

Im preparing to back again.
In terms of the number of regular players, it needs a real-deal career mode - thats a key to a full scale success. A career that will force us to farm currency and awards in as many ways as possible! It should to be almost impossible to archive "endgame", easy at beginning, extreme hard at mid-end stages of carrer. This will provide a bunch of addicted zombies. 3 key words for carrer - competition, revards and... gambling/randomness.

TheEngiGuy

Here's another storm of negative reviews (now rating is "mostly negative"), just after the latest announcement. Coincidence? I think not.
Many people complain about how the developers barely communicate with the community, but at the same time they are always ready to bash the game as soon as something relevant (and positive) comes up just for the sake of it. The "too little too late" guys, not the constructive reviewers, obviously.

We should all Mann Up once the next build finally releases. I don't want to see this game dropping support because of the masses not understanding the evils of game development and not knowing the difference between 'shady business' and the rest.