Author Topic: Its time to save this game!  (Read 4213 times)

BenDover

I have been thinking that we all in the community should try to get the game more alive like it was befor, 100+ players daily atm is really good for the game. But why not try to get even more?

What I was thinking is that you guys who have a twitter account should tweet something with the tags #Bugbear #NextCarGame #Wreckfest and if you have an community or know about any community pages try to get them into the game again. Yeah this game arent what it was befor and thats might be a case why many have left, but lets try to fix that, lets as many as we can know about the game and remind old players who havent played in a while. Maybe we could reach 150+ players atleast, I wanna aim for more but its better to aim for lower then to high, if we can get 200+ players it would be awesome, I gonna tweet them on saturday around 20.00 PM CET+1 and even whrite something on my steamgroup to try to get some more ppl in. If you do have a community in NCG use it and try to get some players back!!

We might not agree with eachother all the time but we all love this game, so lets unite and help BB to bring back this game and make it more alive!! We have nothing to lose on this!! :)

With the BETA update coming next month it could be nice to get some players back now befor going into BETA, so lets do this! :D

Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

gamefreaktay

I just got this game a little less than 2 weeks ago and am loving it already!  I think it is a great idea to help this game out by sharing it ourselves.  Great idea! #Wreckfest

Col. Kurtz

This game should have a consistent 10k  players daily. 

The dev cycle and lack of proper presence on steam has lost a lot of people. 
The majority of players left before a lot of content was added, or the menus / UI worked all of the time,  and before major  much needed  optimizations.

Wreckfest seems to be possibly the biggest example of "pre-releasing" too early.  The market is flooded with new releases / ea titles all of the time and you have to hold interest
with the first impression to gain a fan base in the industry it appears.  Its ridiculous that a lot of ea games have lost all of the player base long before they release.

It is a struggle sometimes to find a good server after 7pm PST.   This is unbelievable given there isn't anything quite like it.
I think they should really push hard on beta release and have a 30% off sale and spend all of the profits on promotion hype.
A great incentive  would be to add an "official" steam workshop mod  that highlights some of the best ragdoll minigames from past titles.
You can never go wrong with crash dummy targets and flaming hoops.
Now that the game actually runs well on most gpu, it could finally earn a proper following.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:34:16 AM by Col. Kurtz »

Konan

The moment i signed in for this game i started a thread on the Pcars forum about it and it generated quite some interest from people who intend to sign in or buy it upon release...
The player base imo should rise considerably once the beta for consoles is released also...

Zebulon55

I expect more interest when it reaches beta, but mostly when release day finally comes.
I'm all for stirring up interest in it though.
Maybe the time is coming for another of Raceclimb's 24 hours of LeMash weekends.  ;D

conso1727

Do you remember the  "A Call for Communication" event they did many years ago when a lot of people played Half Life 2 for (I believe) an hour at the same time as a way for Valve to ask for more clarity and communication?
Maybe, if we did the same with Wreckfest Bugbear would understand we care about the game, and want more communication from them.

DD-Indeed

First of all, not many people agree on each others and some bitterness have caused the community split a bit, I'm not the most liked person around here as well, but even I can say, that year ago, when I was active on the game, the amount of players were a bit higher than now, and the biggest peaks I managed to withness was back in July/August 2015, September 2015 and February/March 2016 (and the charts show, that basically the whole Spring of 2015 was golden time for the game). But right now, the game feels better than ever and is so enjoyable and fun, so this is the good moment to lure people back in, even if they are just doing casual racing daily/weekly. Trouble is to get them to hear about it. Steam groups doesn't help that much, since most people just skip those annoucements, so good word of mouth propably is the best, but the most demanding way of doing it.

Purple44

This game should have a consistent 10k  players daily. 

The dev cycle and lack of proper presence on steam has lost a lot of people. 
The majority of players left before a lot of content was added, or the menus / UI worked all of the time,  and before major  much needed  optimizations.

Wreckfest seems to be possibly the biggest example of "pre-releasing" too early.  The market is flooded with new releases / ea titles all of the time and you have to hold interest
with the first impression to gain a fan base in the industry it appears.  Its ridiculous that a lot of ea games have lost all of the player base long before they release.

It is a struggle sometimes to find a good server after 7pm PST.   This is unbelievable given there isn't anything quite like it.
I think they should really push hard on beta release and have a 30% off sale and spend all of the profits on promotion hype.
A great incentive  would be to add an "official" steam workshop mod  that highlights some of the best ragdoll minigames from past titles.
You can never go wrong with crash dummy targets and flaming hoops.
Now that the game actually runs well on most gpu, it could finally earn a proper following.

I doubt there many PC racing games that do 10,000 players a day, except for sim like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Wreckfest maybe reach those levels the first 3 months Build #6 that gave us first taste of online back in Oct 2014. I don't see online reaching those levels again until final version of Wreckfest get release.

http://steamcharts.com/app/228380#All

A lot Wreckfest players are waiting for a full blown career mode to test.

I been planning on sending out a message to all the Wreckfest Steam friends I got when beta branch Build get release and maybe wait for the first hotfix before I send out the message to give Wreckfest a second look.

On Saturday nights when I go online, I send a message ( Hi, you racing Wreckfest tonight? ) to players I see are online in my Steam friends list. I usually get few to join the lobby I'm in. :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Do you remember the  "A Call for Communication" event they did many years ago when a lot of people played Half Life 2 for (I believe) an hour at the same time as a way for Valve to ask for more clarity and communication?
Maybe, if we did the same with Wreckfest Bugbear would understand we care about the game, and want more communication from them.

Bugbear know we want them to communicate more, especially Janne. But a few the Devs that use to visit and post in the forum have left Bugbear. :( 

Olli Teittinen - http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=61
Tapio Vierros - http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1193
Tero - http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=39
Jukka Merikanto - http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=profile;u=6;area=showposts;start=0

The current Devs at Bugbear studio got their plate full right now trying get the beta branch Build ready to release.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TheEngiGuy

If you want to save this game, take the "game's abandoned and abusing early access" reviews off the Top Helpful category.

Heck, I want to see if you'd be able to find a counterargument for my review.

Good point. Online activity dropping down overtime and different people asking for different drastic changes to the game are a problem for pre-alpha games.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:52:02 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Finsku

To be honest we can do something but it doesn't have so much influence. I'm looking and waiting Bugbear to be more active on SOME.

> Post couple images per week (not only in Twitter)
> Players will create short (max 30sec) video and maybe Bugbear will use it in their YT channel.
> Share players' amazing videos in social media (doesn't need extra time)
> AMA. Takes one evening (1-4 hours)
> Updates videos/pictures in Steam page (WTF OLD NEXT CAR GAME VIDEO C'MON!)
> Gives social media rules for some active players who wants to update medias and share other user's videos mods etc.

I created a Facebook page (NCG: Wreckfest Community) try to fix Bugbear's bad some activity in Facebook. Running the page alone with limited time the activity was poor (soon graduating).
If someone is interested to update the page please PM me with some information  :)

BenDover

I just got this game a little less than 2 weeks ago and am loving it already!  I think it is a great idea to help this game out by sharing it ourselves.  Great idea! #Wreckfest

Yeah the game have improved alot the couple of months so glad to have you onboard :)

The moment i signed in for this game i started a thread on the Pcars forum about it and it generated quite some interest from people who intend to sign in or buy it upon release...
The player base imo should rise considerably once the beta for consoles is released also...

That sounds awesome! Would be fun to have them on already next month IF the beta update comes but its nice to see ppl are intressted ! :D

No I dont remember that sadly, but yeah that would be great and to show BB we really care and want to help them build up this game again! :)

First of all, not many people agree on each others and some bitterness have caused the community split a bit, I'm not the most liked person around here as well, but even I can say, that year ago, when I was active on the game, the amount of players were a bit higher than now, and the biggest peaks I managed to withness was back in July/August 2015, September 2015 and February/March 2016 (and the charts show, that basically the whole Spring of 2015 was golden time for the game). But right now, the game feels better than ever and is so enjoyable and fun, so this is the good moment to lure people back in, even if they are just doing casual racing daily/weekly. Trouble is to get them to hear about it. Steam groups doesn't help that much, since most people just skip those annoucements, so good word of mouth propably is the best, but the most demanding way of doing it.

I agree what you saying, we have had some fights in the community and its sad we all have been splitted and maybe one day we all will get togheter, I was hoping we all do it tomorrow for in the end, we all love this game! Same here, I am not so liked here eaither and it is what it is but now is the time to unite and do something togheter, I know we can do it if we all just stop beeing so thick headed all the time haha :P

From Purple44
I been planning on sending out a message to all the Wreckfest Steam friends I got when beta branch Build get release and maybe wait for the first hotfix before I send out the message to give Wreckfest a second look.

On Saturday nights when I go online, I send a message ( Hi, you racing Wreckfest tonight? ) to players I see are online in my Steam friends list. I usually get few to join the lobby I'm in. :)

Great idea man! I will do the same when the beta update comes! :D

To be honest we can do something but it doesn't have so much influence. I'm looking and waiting Bugbear to be more active on SOME.

> Post couple images per week (not only in Twitter)
> Players will create short (max 30sec) video and maybe Bugbear will use it in their YT channel.
> Share players' amazing videos in social media (doesn't need extra time)
> AMA. Takes one evening (1-4 hours)
> Updates videos/pictures in Steam page (WTF OLD NEXT CAR GAME VIDEO C'MON!)
> Gives social media rules for some active players who wants to update medias and share other user's videos mods etc.

I created a Facebook page (NCG: Wreckfest Community) try to fix Bugbear's bad some activity in Facebook. Running the page alone with limited time the activity was poor (soon graduating).
If someone is interested to update the page please PM me with some information  :)

We all wants them to be more active, and maybe if we show them that we care and the love we have for this game, they might see it and change it, but thats not the purpose of this "event" but I totally agrees with you, and if anyone have any other suggestions what we could do tomorrow I am all yours :)

IF noone PM you Finsku about helping you, contact me in PM and I will help out if you really cant find any other who is willing to help :)

I know this can be a long shot but lets try tomorrow, lets help BB to save the game, we can do our part and then we let BB do thiers, its time to unite, we all need to drop the battleaxe and build up the community togheter!
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Ultimately it's in Bugbear's court in how successful / popular their game is. This is not their first rodeo because they've been around for 16+  years now.

I think they have a pretty good idea of what they need to do and what plans they could implement to regain popularity and favor in the gaming community. I will admit that I really get tired of all the negative reviews I see on Steam  and I also know that a lot of those are old and certainly don't reflect the current build with all the great changes they've made. Then again, THEY are going to have to find a way to turn that around as well.

Maybe if they hire someone to strictly handle the PR end of things to remind gamers about their game with the latest updates and just keep it as "visible" as possible on as many social sites, forums, gaming review sites as they can.

It may also help to create as many progress videos as they can to show the latest changes they've made and maybe give much more attention to show what the modding community have come up with to show what's possible creatively to bring in a more varied crowd.

St. Jimmy

Depending on if my job interview went well, I might not be playing much in the summer period in online because my wheel would be left behind 200km away. No room for it. But I guess I'll continue experimenting with BagEdit.

But if/when the console release comes, I know couple friends where I could enjoy a good dose of WreckFest every now and then ;)
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

RickyB

Appreciate the enthusiasm, BUT I'd definitely wait for the update that features new UI and paintshop and hopefully some needed fixes.

First impressions are important - if someone is trying to "lure back" (win back) players that haven't played a long time or even uninstalled it a year ago - then it would be a much better time with a fresh polished UI and stuff to make a new better impression. Otherwise I can only imagine a lot of reactions would be like:

"Oh, hmm, same ugly UI, same weird crew and repair mechanic, still no career, not really a lot of car paint jobs (a car with ONE skin?) ... Sandpit 1 Route 1 Reverse is messed up = undrivable... The ragdoll is still broken... ? eehhm, no thanks."

This is not what I would like to have as a new first impression (probably not even bugbear) :) It's just not an ideal time right now.