Author Topic: Its time to save this game!  (Read 3953 times)

Konan

You can explain game development until you're blue and still there will be some people critisising...fact of life i'm affraid.
On top of that there are the haters who made their minds up and will be impossible to convince otherwise...
Still...it'll be worthwhile for the remaining crowd to draw over the line...

TheEngiGuy

On top of that there are the haters who made their minds up and will be impossible to convince otherwise...

Yeah, those people want to take this game down whatever happens. The "too little too late" guys. Even though they've paid for this game a while ago and never got their refund, they still wish to see this game fail and let it remain in alpha forever instead of help it cross the finish line. I don't see the logic, I would complain too if the game was officially abandoned, but the money I've paid for is still not wasted for nothing yet since it's still being developed. I'll be very happy once the game will finally release.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:39:45 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Duffer_josh

I try my best to get people to join and play the game I have had many people ask and I have helped as much as I can my  YouTube channel has grown massively playing this game. I have tried contact bugbear many time to help us with streams giveaway info and much more but I never get a reply unfortunatly. If any one has any ideas please don't hesitate to put them forward!
Intel i5-6600k@ 3.50Ghz Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 Twin Frozr RAM: HyperX Fury Black Series 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) 2133 MHz DDR4 Storage: 1TB Seagate KINGSTON SSD120GB 650W Corsair VS650 Series Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Xbox one pad G920wheel win10

Finsku

Here's Wreckfest's reviews from SteamSpy (just for information):

Tonza

Ya and most negative "review" (let's be real, steam reviews are a complete joke) people seem to not realise that Bugbear is a very small company. Not like e.g EA or Ubisoft which have the capability to push out a new game every year.

Paul_B

Unfortunately some of the negative reviews are justified. BB have let themselves down due poor communication, updates I can forgive its a slow processes in game development. But there has to be a major shift in attitude in PR an marketing the game when it's released,  Like Josh said not getting any replies. Also I know a gaming website content writer who has tried many times to get some kind of Q&A interview, but has now given up on it.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yeah, you can probably tell our marketing department is about the size of a null vector. I know I'm beating an old drum here but like someone mentioned above please consider that we're a small game developer, not someone like EA or other big guys who can hire an entire marketing team for just one new game launch. So yes, up to this point we've done everything ourselves and from developing the game + taking care of other related stuff, running the studio, etc. there just often isn't enough hours in a day.

Josh, now that you mentioned it I remember you wrote me a PM some time ago and it's possible that I forgot to reply - I'll do it tonight.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Paul_B

Janne, As you can see I started my post with "unfortunately",
I know BB is a small team an game development can take years. What I'm saying is that I hope the launch is successful, as you know there's a very short window of attention from the gaming community.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:29:37 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

St. Jimmy

Many of the reviews say that when full release comes or is close it can likely change to positive. Many give negative review just because they don't like early access or are fed up with that.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

I know BB is a small team an game development can take years. What I'm saying is that I hope the launch is successful, as you know there's a very short window of attention from the gaming community.

I know and it's only true we could have done a better job at marketing, that's for sure. I was mainly trying to offer on explanation on why that is so. Hopefully, when we're getting closer to release we'll have more time to spend on producing trailers and screenshots as well as community engagement. I'm sure having a publisher now will also help tremendously since they will take some pressure of us.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

DD-Indeed

I know and it's only true we could have done a better job at marketing, that's for sure. I was mainly trying to offer on explanation on why that is so. Hopefully, when we're getting closer to release we'll have more time to spend on producing trailers and screenshots as well as community engagement. I'm sure having a publisher now will also help tremendously since they will take some pressure of us.

If you could be quick enough, the window for the best release time would be christmas this year. There's no similar car games coming out during that time, only some simulation games (Project Cars 2 at September, Gran Turismo Sport propably before December, Forza 7 on October and new Need For Speed in November), so definitely you have good opportunity to put heavy promotion for the christmas sale and of course, people are eager to have this sort of action packed car game, since it's been a long time they've had a really good one.

Write that down to the design-board on the wall, with BIG letters. :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:30:33 PM by DD-Indeed »

KingOfTheCakes

As someone said before, releasing the game very early on is probably why people are starting to lose interest because it simply was such a long time ago. The only thing that gets me coming back now really are the mods as that has been the most significant addition since the rebuild to me.

What's missing with vanilla game besides a career mode are generated playlists that could add some variety to multiplayer again, like randomizing the tracks, race modes throughout. Whenever I go online there's loads of servers, but only the same few are being used every time, it gets repetitive after a while as these usually use the same tracks. I can't remember the last time I did a TDM or derby online for example!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:40:33 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

As someone said before, releasing the game very early on is probably why people are starting to lose interest because it simply was such a long time ago. The only thing that gets me coming back now really are the mods as that has been the most significant addition since the rebuild to me.

What's missing with vanilla game besides a career mode are generated playlists that could add some variety to multiplayer again, like randomizing the tracks, race modes throughout. Whenever I go online there's loads of servers, but only the same few are being used every time, it gets repetitive after a while as these usually use the same tracks. I can't remember the last time I did a TDM or derby online for example!

Find me on a Saturday night, 7:00pm pacific time to 12-1 in the morning. If I'm an Admin, I try sneak in a couple derbys every so often.

I'm hoping Bugbear will give us a random track, random car mode for online come final release.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

Im hoping they replace 'sprint cup' with cup or tournament mode,because 1 lap sprints are pretty pointless on short tracks. Would be much better to be able to change number of laps on this game mode, and hopefully pick more than 1 event/track for it aswell.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Daystar

Im hoping they replace 'sprint cup' with cup or tournament mode,because 1 lap sprints are pretty pointless on short tracks. Would be much better to be able to change number of laps on this game mode, and hopefully pick more than 1 event/track for it aswell.

Best solution regarding Sprint Sam. I would also like to see Career have some type of Sprint modes in it.                                                                                   _