Author Topic: Track collision modding tool  (Read 431 times)

intr3pid

Hello all  :),
 today I want to share with you all a modding tool that I made for this awesome game FlatOut 2 and
I hope that it will be usefull for some modders left out there who ever wanted to
make some track mods and failed because of sink holes.

It's a tool that can import and export the track_cdb2.gen files responsible for the collision of the tracks.
I also added some example maps which are already modified so you can drive a bit outside the map.

here is the download, source is included
https://mega.nz/#!Rig2jAxA!gVbg2fAUcHL39I0d6pwMdOs65_pzR-m_76PezGSdt8c

The two tools are no plugins but standalone programs and use Wavefront OBJ as intermediate file format.
There are some bugs left and it's a bit limited to about 58000 triangles, also the collision isn't as good as
the original one but I think it produces acceptable results.

That's for now, if you find some bugs you can post them here.
At last I want to ask if someone has the complete source for Gulbroz Track Editor and
further information about what left unfinished back then, I want to work on that when I have some free time.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:22:18 AM by intr3pid »

Purple44

Where were you intr3pid back in 2007 when I could really used these tools!!!  Like working with the canal and city track maps that had a lot of sink holes outside the track layout. :P

These days I'm doing my track modding with Wreckfest, so I can race my custom track online.

But thanks for posting your tools, there might be a Flatout 2 track maker or 2 left out there.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

intr3pid

Thank you guys for your replies  :D

You created really nice mods for this game I've played them a lot when I was younger and I'm still playing  :D

Do you know if Gulbroz ever released more ? I mean it is possible that this is the complete source, I just haven't tested it yet. It seems that this is the only one available online .

Here a new video of the city map:
https://vimeo.com/214261837
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:05:50 AM by intr3pid »

Purple44

Ya if I had your tools I would definitely like to of made a track using those on\off ramps to the lower freeway in your video. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel