Author Topic: Danger Zone (PC/PS4) -- Takes some of Wreckfest's Thunder  (Read 1383 times)

Telekill

Just announced today is Danger Zone for PC and PS4 which is the crash mode from Burnout turned into it's own game by some of the same creators of the Burnout series and it looks beautiful. So beautiful in fact that for the $13 asking price, it really takes away some of the thunder from Wreckfest.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/26/15426928/danger-zone-crash-mode-burnout-three-fields-pc-ps4

Had I not already become a backer for Wreckfest a few weeks ago, this may have been enough to scratch my itch. As it is, I'll be buying both.

What are your thoughts?

sam223

Looks a bit like the new flatout4. No actual damage to the models again (no soft bodies) = no buy
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Tonza

Meh, never really liked the crash mode in Burnout. You got more points for collecting the stupid multipliers than actually making a good mess.

Telekill

Looks a bit like the new flatout4. No actual damage to the models again (no soft bodies) = no buy

I'm seeing damage in the screen shots so...

sam223

I'm seeing damage in the screen shots so...
Where?

These are just changing textures,no actual damage to model
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Telekill

I guess I don't have a problem with texture damage.

sam223

I prefer it when the cars actually bend. Like wreckfest and BeamNG.
Texture changing only is like going back to PS1 days

TheEngiGuy

Imagine if Bugbear made this. "Why isn't it part of Ridge Racer Unbounded? CASHGRAB!"

Can't wait for this, by the way. I loved the crash mode in Burnout 2 and 3. It was so-so in Revenge.
In a game like this I'd take great physics and car behaviour over softbody damage. Unreal Engine though... we'll see how this turns out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:22:35 PM by TheEngiGuy »

TT

The handling will probably be too arcade for me.

I wish that Motorstorm, which was made by the Driveclub devs, wasn't also far too arcade. The tracks and idea looked cool.

TheEngiGuy

I wish that Motorstorm, which was made by the Driveclub devs, wasn't also far too arcade. The tracks and idea looked cool.

Handling is not important at all. The aim in this game is to cause as much wreck as possible in different scenarios.

Speedevil

It isn't a racing game, so the handling isn't important at all.

I'm excited for it, quite liked the crash mode in Burnout, just not as much as the racing. I hope they can afford making a racing game some day.

TheEngiGuy

Release date is May 30th, and a trailer has just been released.

I'm afraid the physics seem too floaty, and lacks sound effects. We'll see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:11:26 PM by TheEngiGuy »

RickyB

Maybe wrong thread (Danger Zone doesn't look that 'advanced?') but I  saw this video of some car deformation with Unreal Engine 4 ... not bad.

combined with some car setup... could make some cool car/racing games with some destruction and deformation.

TheEngiGuy

Yeah, indeed. I'm not a developer but I downloaded that deformation demo and it seemed pretty easy to develop, with no complicated coding.
I would have expected a damage model similar to the Burnout games in Danger Zone, but car deformation seems to be lacking, judging by the trailer. Physics are also mmmeh, it's like there's low gravity.

I hope it will be fun, since I will get it as soon as it releases.

Orbotnive T

It looks like going back in time with a lick of paint, that's how I saw it totally. Not just trying to poop on it. It really does, like the crash games from burnout 3 lifted and retextured, a bit weird :)