Author Topic: What actually determines the AI paths in derbies?  (Read 1051 times)

The Very End

Greetings!

So, with the upcoming re-launch of the Red Pike Arena I stumbled across an issue - I just cannot get the AI to clash together in the middle of the track. I have tried to move the checkpoint around, rotating  / altering / moving the AI lines both in general and in the tcat file, I have tried moving the whole scene left / right / up / down and tried any settings I could think of in the AI profiles... but regardless of what I do the AI refuses. It will go full speed to the start of the bump, but then they will brake and turn to either left and right and avoid the collision. Even whent ahead and deleted the AI paths all-together (the AI will not recognize the walls) and still the AI behaved the same way. 

Do anyone have any clues what I might try next to force them going full speed  to the middle?

blazngun

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but when I was working on the county fair WIP mod, I used Tads Community TRK as a base. His AI path was on the oval and I made derby arena in the infield. I scaled the AI path down to fit inside the walls of the arena, as I had assumed this was required. AI acted very strange (although they did avoid wall better, switching AI route back to around oval sorted out the erratic behavior, but AI does go full blast into the walls on occasion. May be worth experimenting with doing AI path right on the edge of wall or even outside. Would be nice if Janne could explain how derbies work in detail.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

The Very End

Yeah, that would help if he could :) As of now the AI paths is within the border of the track walls, so no idea what else I could try. Might be something related to the avoidance settings, but each time I play with those I break the AI entierly :D

blazngun

For my derby arenas I use the same AI paths as TADS did on the oval portion. I have no clue if this is correct but other than the occasional AI blasting into wall the AI behave as expected. Are you using a circular or oval shaped AI path? I will post a screen of my 3ds layout when I get home.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:26:26 PM by blazngun »

The Very End

It is a big circle :) Yeah please do, thanks!

Purple44

Yeah, that would help if he could :) As of now the AI paths is within the border of the track walls, so no idea what else I could try. Might be something related to the avoidance settings, but each time I play with those I break the AI entierly :D

Have you tried using the AI sectors from the Speedway derby?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

blazngun

I think start positions may play a role in where AI go. I made a pushout type arena and even when AI would go out, they immediately attempted to get back in the ring. AI path is about 30 meters or so away from arena at its closest point and only way AI ever goes out that far is if I drive on oval portion, they come and try to wreck me. When I go back to ring they follow.

blazngun

Also, there are 24 player start positions plus one more (can't think wut its named). I have the extra one directly in middle of arenas.

The Very End

I will try with that startpoint, alltho I don't understand affect it all :p Will also try to copy over one of the original tracks to my mod folder to be able to see the AI paths in - game to see how it is structured.
Thanks for tips and will let you know how it works out.

The Very End

No go, cannot get them to mash together argh! Out of ideas :/

The Very End

If anyone can get this to work I'd be a happy willy. Here is the surface (road) and AI paths + startpoints. Anyone that wants to give a go with their magic?
https://mega.nz/#!c84RTSgB!VF-DQIXWuC34BppQ_puZSpcJp2wxClX7Xurrtbzh4bo

blazngun

I'm no wizard (and learned most of what i do know from you) but will give it a go. If all else fails i'll try importing your arena in place of one of mine on TADS base track and see what happens.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:34:56 PM by blazngun »

The Very End

Thanks for your time :) Forgot to mention, I also tried tweaking the tcat settings, making sure the actual driving line is in the middle of track. Made no difference at all lol.

blazngun

So with my startpoints from county derby, (2 rows lined up rear to rear about 40ft apart) the initial start *most* cars will reverse into each other, after that its all out war. Oddly with no outer wall, not one AI went flying into oblivion and all stayed on the solid ground. Never really payed attention on my tracks if all 23 AI backed straight into each other, as I play online with a friend and only use 10 AI. Do the AI eventually start bashing each other but just dont all head to middle from outer wall at beginning? Hitting the hump at full speed did do about 5-10% self inflicted damage upon landing, but roof hitting an AI at full tilt over the hump causes SERIOUS DAMAGE to them!!! Going to try moving Startpoints to the outer edge and facing inward later tonight, but am very doubtful it will achieve the desired results.

Zebulon55

What does the Derby Favour Center in the .vaip files do?
Something that makes them tend to the center of the arena as opposed to running around the outside maybe?

I see it's set at 0.5.