Author Topic: Flatout 1 Doesn't start after Patch installation  (Read 709 times)

T400Fan

Hello folks,

first of all I want to say hello and I want you not to mock about my english skills, I'm from Germany so I'm not a native speaker.
With that out of the way I am now registered here because I have a problem.
After playing Flatout for quite a while in stock mode, presumably V1.0, I am looking for mods, I found the FOV3 and the FOV2 Mod on the internet and tried to install the FOV3 Mod. It failed because of the wrong version of my game and so I downloaded the Patch V1.1 and copied the .exe and .ini and the patch.bfs files in the Flatout Folder on my drive.
The Mod installed with a lot of error messages and finally the game doesn't start at all.
On my main Laptop, a Lenovo T440p with Quadcore and Intel Graphics and Windows 10 installed I supposed Windows 10 to be the game breaker so I freshly installed Flatout from my original CD onto my second machine, a Lenovo R400 with Core 2 Duo and Intel Graphics and Windows 7 Professional x64. The Game ran fine until I copied the Patch files.

That's where I am now.
Can you please help me out?

Best regards

T400Fan

Bobby Koticks

I'm not sure if it's the same problem on Windows 7 that affects Windows 10. On Windows 10 at least it's impossible to run the original FlatOut (1.1) executable with DRM in it.

Try this FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files executable that's stripped of DRM:
Fixed Files]http://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_flatout.shtml#FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files
my opinions are facts

Purple44

I'm not sure if it's the same problem on Windows 7 that affects Windows 10. On Windows 10 at least it's impossible to run the original FlatOut (1.1) executable with DRM in it.

Try this FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files executable that's stripped of DRM:
Fixed Files]http://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_flatout.shtml#FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files

That exe may work with stock v1.1 or US v1.2, but when I tried it with the FOv3 mod I got a language file error. The Multi5 exe work under Vista. Bobby, care to try the Gold FOv3 mod and see if it works with your Win10? Maybe I did something wrong.

T400Fan, try this, go here and download the gold version of FOv3 mod:  http://www.moddb.com/downloads/foj-community-fov3-mod-gold-edition

Will have to use Win 7, run the rar exe to unpack the Flatout mods files to the folder of your choice. FOv3 come with the patch files and the euro v1.1 exe. All you need to do is copy over the common1.bfs and common2.bfs files from your stock.

Now you should be ready to go, start flatout.exe and FOv3 mod should start up. But some have had issues with Heddly \save folder Heddly included. If FOv3 won't start, rename the \save folder so Flatout will make a fresh new profile.

If going try the career mod in FOv3, don't use heddly profile, make a brand new one. No guarantee career mode will work in FOv3 mod.

If want add some custom cars to FOv3, download these custom cars Heddly did:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/downloads/heddly-carpack-for-fov3-community-mod

Here a thread with some details about running the FOv3 mod:
Carpack for FOv3 Community Mod for Flatout 1

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

Quote from Purple44
If going try the career mod in FOv3, don't use heddly profile, make a brand new one. No guarantee career mode will work in FOv3 mod.

As I remember you could use custom cars in career mode except that you had to switch to a stock car and save that car before you exited career mode.

Then you could go back to career mode a select the custom car you wanted. no upgrades work I think. Just return to a stock FO1 car before exiting or you will corrupt your saved game. Hope this helps

T400Fan

Thank you for your hints.

I downloaded and installed the files but nothing happened again. The game just doesn't start.
There is no error message or anything

Purple44

Thank you for your hints.

I downloaded and installed the files but nothing happened again. The game just doesn't start.
There is no error message or anything

And this was under Win 7? And you did rename the \Savegame folder? Like \save111.

Could you post your filesystem.ini and patch.ini so we can take a look at them?

filesystem.ini

Archives = {
   [1] = "common1.bfs",
   [2] = "common2.bfs",
   [3] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks1.bfs",
   [4] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks2.bfs",
   [5] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks3.bfs",
   [6] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks4.bfs",
   [7] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks5.bfs",

}

patch.ini

Archives = {
[1] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
[2] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
}
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:01:20 AM by Purple44 »

T400Fan

I'm using the R400 with Windows 7 for the testing.
There is no saves folder. There is just a Savegame folder, I renamed that to SA

Here are the files:
Archives = {
   [1] = "common1.bfs",
   [2] = "common2.bfs",
   [3] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks1.bfs",
   [4] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks2.bfs",
   [5] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks3.bfs",
   [6] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks4.bfs",
   [7] ="FOV3-Patches/fov3-tracks5.bfs",

}

and

Archives = {
   [1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
   [2] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
}

Purple44

Oops you right, it a \Savegame folder. Your files look correct. Are the 2 common bfs files in the main folder?

Also your stock Flatout still runs fine on the R400, Win 7?

I just did some testing of freshly unpacked FOv3 mod and found a problem with renaming of the \Savegame folder. If there no fov3options.cfg file in the \Savegame folder, I get a black screen and a runtime error when I use Windows task manager to get back to the desktop.

So if Heddly \Savegame folder not working for ya and need to make a fresh new one, need make a new \Savegame folder with just the fov3options.cfg file inside the folder. Then start Flatout.

Sorry I did not remember this about the  fov3options.cfg file.

Heddly

Did you download from http://www.moddb.com/downloads/foj-community-fov3-mod-gold-edition

This might help.

T400Fan

Thanks for the information, i will download that tomorrow