Author Topic: regarding resets online  (Read 764 times)

Orbotnive T

Haven't posted in AGES here I just thought of something while playing online tonight and it prompted my silence break.

First of all, I really dislike resetting. It bugs the hell out of me that players can disappear 1.5 seconds into their impacts. Doesn't suit the type of game it is in my mind.

Second I know it's been spoken about to have some kind of timer on it so that players can't abuse it, but even players who wait for the impact to be over and then sort themselves out - when they're not on their roof at least bug me.  >:(

Third, I don't think that turning reset off to satisfy myself (I'm mod around a couple servers and was mod on a few more a year ago) is the right thing to do. There's not exactly flocks of players online that can find their niche over half a dozen servers. Limiting options limits players which makes the whole problem mute.

So. Ideally something could have been done about somewhat limiting reset. But my idea that made me post was how about some kind of notification, either a bonus after race like the heavy hitter, speeder and mad dog about zero resets- or a reset counter so that it's there for anyone to see- when you've used it twice a lap the whole game XD

On second thoughts the bonus at the end wouldn't work. If there was more than one non resetter per race who'd get it? yeah I see that's a problem. Might reduce some peoples spamming of it if it was counted there for all to see somehow though  :P

Any thoughts.

I probably take it too seriously. But I like having a mess on track, helping people out, and playing as if we are in cars not teleportation devices  :)

Purple44

On second thoughts the bonus at the end wouldn't work. If there was more than one non resetter per race who'd get it? yeah I see that's a problem. Might reduce some peoples spamming of it if it was counted there for all to see somehow though  :P

Hi T, the players that abuse the reset option now, I think would still abuse resets with your suggestion. I'm still hoping we see some kind of delayed reset option, so there is time penalty before a player can reset his car.

And get see player's car do a tumbling run. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel