Author Topic: modding help  (Read 402 times)

tolliverj

ok i am trying to change the color of the grill of american 4 to black but whenever i color the texture to black and start the game it erases the black and turns purple as if there is no texture at all and when i say erase i mean i check it after it turns purple ingame, i use breckfest to convert it back to .png see what happened it turns out to be white when i clearly colored it black its starting to piss me off >:(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:36:33 AM by tolliverj »

tolliverj

i would also add that i am trying to do the same to the widows to tint them but that doesn't work ether why is this happening :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Purple44

Grill turn purple means it not finding the texture. How fix, I'll let the skinner guys tell ya, since I don't know how.

I forget why my tires turned purple-pink with my first try at making a custom skin.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

i would also add that i am trying to do the same to the widows to tint them but that doesn't work ether why is this happening :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Did you name your file windows_c5.tga when you saved after editing? Then put it thru build_asset to make bmap?

Saving under the final filename before conversion worked for me.  8)

I put an aiming reticle on the windshield of the 40 ford for a custom skin concept.  ;D

Edit: Just saw that you're using breckfest. I use Bugbear's tools to convert between .tga (targa) and .bmap.
breckfest might be swapping color and alpha channels in your .png file.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:35:36 AM by Zebulon55 »

tolliverj

Well where do I get bugbears conversion tools then

sam223

Well where do I get bugbears conversion tools then
in your wreckfest install folder /tools
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2