Author Topic: Noob Modeling Questions and build_asset crash: GetSize(boxTop) ==1  (Read 284 times)

Niklas G

Hi there!
I own this game for a few years now and after i bought a racing wheel for my pc i reinstalled it.

Because i have some experience in blender i thought i could try modding a little car.
But it has turned out to be very hard to model a hole car because there are no tutorials out there.

I researched about two days and i'm smarter now: I understand the basics  :)

But when i try to export the bgo3 file, which i created with blender, in the build_asset to get the vhcl file i get a error: GetSize(boxTop) ==1
I know i'm far away from having my little Porsche 911 in this awesome game but i'm not giving up so fast.

Also,
what are the
- collision_sphere_*Number* in the vehicle example file?
i can see them in the outliner but not in the 3D view.
- and what are these tire_fr_LOD1 ( i know front - right - tire ) but why do i need them?
- whats the difference between  tire and tire_dam1

these are my questions right now...

at least i understood what these *opject*_joint_0 meshes are  :D

Greetings from Germany
Niklas

sam223

The 'GetSize(boxTop) ==1' error is caused by missing or wrong sized (xform reset = ctrl+a confirm scale/rotation), or wrongly positioned (origin to geometry), or missing custom data ( Customdata=IsCollisionModel = true) on the object 'collision_top'
It is located with all other collision parts of the model on layer 4 of the model.

Collisions spheres are how the car bends. As far as im aware it works like this. Solidbody (softbody mesh) collides with other solidbody or track object>deforms> moves collisions_sphere> verts on visual model inside collision_sphere are moved=dent

Tire_fr_LOD1 is a LOD for the tire, theres also LOD2 for each wheel and the same for Body.They show up in game but only at great distances from player camera.150m+ at a guess. You dont have to have them,personally i just leave them as default as they are only noticable if a player is flying around in the sky with freecam.

tire_dam1 is model replacing that happens after x amount of damage (configurable the distance before replacing in bagedit). You can remove these from the model if you want.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:22:29 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Niklas G

Wow thanks for the detailed answer :o :D !

I will continue now and give some updates.

Maybe i will have some questions again...

Janne Suur-Näkki

In the next build you will be able to visualize this kind of vehicle related stuff in-game, will probably help a lot with debugging custom vehicles.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Niklas G

In the next build you will be able to visualize this kind of vehicle related stuff in-game, will probably help a lot with debugging custom vehicles.
Good to know!

But i've got another Error:
----------------------------------- Log created on Sat Jun 03 17:30:41 2017 ---------------------------------
src\bcore\ErrorCallbacks.cpp(18) ERROR : Assert failed! src\btoolcore\CreateSimulationMesh.cpp(69): "1==bbBlockSize(&bbBlockElement(&bbBlockElement(&solidBody->baseMesh)->meshes)->batches)" There should be only a single batch in the 'solidbody'-mesh.

What does that mean  ::) :-\

sam223

Good to know!

But i've got another Error:
----------------------------------- Log created on Sat Jun 03 17:30:41 2017 ---------------------------------
src\bcore\ErrorCallbacks.cpp(18) ERROR : Assert failed! src\btoolcore\CreateSimulationMesh.cpp(69): "1==bbBlockSize(&bbBlockElement(&bbBlockElement(&solidBody->baseMesh)->meshes)->batches)" There should be only a single batch in the 'solidbody'-mesh.

What does that mean  ::) :-\

As you probably guessed its a error with 'solidbody' mesh. Not a error ive come across before so youll have to troubleshoot it yourself a little. The same things apply to solidbody (xform reset,positioning) as coll_top except it shouldn't have any Customdata.Try the solidbody from the example to start maybe?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2