Author Topic: Bugbear E3 thread  (Read 2803 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just to confirm that the ribbon for Tarmac 1 remains almost exactly the same as before, the point of the overhaul has been to make the track slightly more realistic looking with some runoff areas, better placed fences and barriers, spectators and so on. Of course we will do our best to update the track from the visual point of view as well with refreshed assets.

The track is still 100% tarmac as well.

The quick lap time is due to the car being a Class B car with well over PP200.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:28:28 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Oh, so the class rankings has been re-designed too? 200 was A class before if I remember right :)
By the way, not sure if it's an illusion or not, but is the AI actually driving faster / being more competative? In the two videos I saw it seemed to be pretty quick compared to what it is now.

Orbotnive T

Upon reflection I realised that I was wrong. I've got used to driving with fov right up for almost forever which it wasn't there.
 (edit: although the sensation of speed was somewhat equal or more than full fov)
And then there's the point that the scenery changes disorientated my following and the car seemed to be getting around the track so fast for what I thought was a c. Well, that part wasn't wrong :)  (edit: not totally wrong, the car was a B class but more powerful than current A class)

My mistake. I think I was just touchy because I loved it how it was..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:57:26 PM by Orbotnive T »

Tonza

Damn I loved the concrete bridge   :(

Janne Suur-Näkki

Orbo, no worries :) You don't know how many times we've been surprised at how a huge effect some environment changes can make to the track even if the ribbon remains identical. Such shenanigans can easily make the track seem slower, faster, more easier, more difficult, and so on, practically turn one track into something completely new. Of course, like you mentioned fov also plays a major role.

And yes, one of the very common requests have been to make the A class go further and while we've been planning on doing that right from the start, we thought finally would be a good time to do so with all the other changes coming too in the next update + of course future career. The current division is pretty much this (subject to change, though):

AI is indeed somewhat faster now as well, and of course they take advantage of the increased performance.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Great! Did you make that graph just right now for that reply (overkill) or is that in-house concept? :)
And sidetracking about the AI - did more AI option make the build, such as favour player setting in derbies(s)?
Faster AI will be well received by the community, thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:10:43 PM by The Very End »

Orbotnive T

The current division is pretty much this (subject to change, though):

:o

Wow, A class starts at 260 pp now? and b class ends roughly 50 points higher than current top a class.. I imagine that it's going to take seriously intensive concentration trying to use that top power efficiently  :P 360!! Funny. Not sure I'll be going for the max pp anymore  :)

Purple44

Wow, A class starts at 260 pp now? and b class ends roughly 50 points higher than current top a class.. I imagine that it's going to take seriously intensive concentration trying to use that top power efficiently  :P 360!! Funny. Not sure I'll be going for the max pp anymore  :)

Now it going be even tougher to beat bot "#5" online on Mixed #1!  ;)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

I hope the increased performance points mean the top rated cars are harder to drive. Currently the top rated class is the norm and everything below is really easy (glued to the road). Hopefully the very top end will be difficult, so itll be a choice between stability or bhp. Not just slow,faster,fastest.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Found out what track Bugbear was showing off at E3:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1353742967820847796/?ctp=4

Quote from: MegalomaniacNG;2119355556485262405
Quote from: Purple44;2119355556483471286

Thanks for the link Mega. Curious, how a guy at Alienware booth got to play new Build of Wreckfest? Did you guys take a laptop around to the other booths?

Any chance of seeing video of guys playing the 3 screen setup at Bugbear booth?

I had the build on a USB stick. We worked hard with Bugbear the weeks before E3 to get this one done.

I did a live video on my FB with my phone but its just driving gameplay. Two disclaimers here: Please excuse the video quality and please bare with the driver. He is not a pro like you guys but at least he tries:
https://www.facebook.com/elmegalomator/videos/10213769213170948/

Quote from: Purple44;2119355556483528831
Here link to stream at an earlier spot where the Alienware guy talking with a THQ Nordic Dev about the Wreckfest Build:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151608734?t=1h55m50s

Actually thats Sakkari from Bugbear. He is the guy that tunes the physics of the game.

Looking at ta the facebook video, look like Bugbear was showing off Sandpit 2. Bugbear has put a lot of work into that track!

Thanks for the post Mega. :)

There where I got confused, under Sakkari name in video, it says THQ Nordic. But Janne posted this over at Bugbear forum when I ask what Bugbear Devs were going be at E3, last week:

Bugbear E3 thread

Quote from: Janne Suur-Näkki
1. Not 100% sure but I think so.

2. Yep, the guys will be leaving today.

3. It's around 16 hours in total if I remember correctly, quite punishing indeed.

4. Yes, that's the plan.

5. Sakke (a vehicle physics wiz, track designer/modeler) and Juri (environment artist).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:40:56 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Burns found this video over at Steam forum:  :D

Quote from:  ASSASSIN  Facial_Burns;2119355556490455658
Nividia YouTube channel showing off WF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQx3n1QN_ZY

Quote from: Purple44;2119355556490915098
Nice find Bruns, video getting a lot of good comments. :)

Tonza

So happy to see huge stream of nice and positive comments from people who have never heard of Wreckfest before. I think it's safe to say E3 was a success for us all :D

Green1

Now it going be even tougher to beat bot "#5" online on Mixed #1!  ;)
This has me more excited than anything in the past. Going to have to learn how to drive again with all that power! Sadly anytime there is a update near I get the pre-update blues. It`s bad & I have it right now. Haha  I have all sorts of games I need to play but no matter how great they are It`s just like mud in my mouth. All I want is new Wreckfest! Looks Great BB can`t wait!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:35:36 AM by Green1 »

Adenru

Time to upgrade my video card.

Mopower

With the higher classes, I can only assume that the handling will be more difficult. Are you planning on making the handling even easier or will you be allowing us to force assists off. Still saw the damage meter above the other cars too. When will you be getting rid of those? The black smoke is plenty of indication as to which car is at what point imo.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.