Author Topic: First News from Nodic  (Read 2092 times)

Facial_Burns

THQ Nordic's cooperation with Bugbear Entertainment announced!
A gifted driver joins THQ Nordic‘s Racing Team: Cooperation with Bugbear Entertainment on Wreckfest announced

Vienna, Austria/Helsinki, Finland, June 12th 2017: There are many ways to win a race. The best is to have a strong team, a talented driver and a wonderful car. By joining forces for the Wreckfest, developer Bugbear Entertainment, well known for the critically acclaimed FlatOut series and publisher THQ Nordic bring together these three parts. Together they will make sure the game passes the finish line in 2017 on PC with the console versions in close pursuit in 2018.

Wreckfest, currently in Steam’s Early Access program, is going to receive a number of updates in the following months, including these features:

The career mode: By achieving victories, players can get access to more and better cars and upgrade them with various parts
Car customization: A complex system, allowing the players to fully customize their cars for their individual needs, like more armor to withstand the competitors or more powerful engines
More cars, more tracks: THQ Nordic and Bugbear Entertainment will make sure a constant flow of additional content will be added on a regular basis for the remaining months of the Early Access program
New multiplayer server: To guarantee an outstanding racing and wrecking experience, an Official Wreckfest Server will be opened

THQ Nordic’s Managing Director, Klemens Kreuzer, points out: “Wreckfest is not just motorsport – it is motorsport with an attitude. An attitude we love. Therefore we are very happy to cooperate with Bugbear Entertainment, to make Wreckfest better, bigger and simply the best destruction derby-racing game out there.“

Janne Alanenpää, Managing Director of Bugbear Entertainment: “THQ Nordic shares our vision for Wreckfest, and together we can create the most thrilling demolition racing experience on both PC and consoles.“
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

LUNITIC_WILL

so far so good with Nordic Games.....i mean THQ Nordic. fixing the GFWL issues with RFG, making a Darksiders 3, allowing Rainbow Studios to continue making motocross games. here's an idea, take the terrain deformation in the MX vs ATV series and apply it to WreckFest
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

RexDarr

I hope they continually add additional content to the console versions when they're released.
Or at least have a community where people can upload different paint schemes, vehicles, tracks, etc.
Track editor would be a fun addition
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

Facial_Burns

I hope they continually add additional content to the console versions when they're released.
Or at least have a community where people can upload different paint schemes, vehicles, tracks, etc.
Track editor would be a fun addition

agreed
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

RexDarr

Skate 3 had a cool feature where you could design your own board on their website and upload it where other people could download it.
If Wreckfest had that for vehicles that would be awesome!
Or a garage where you can design and build your own vehicles or mod current ones in the game. Driving banger versions of old muscle cars decked out in old NASCAR paint schemes would be pretty awesome
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

Konan

I don't know if any of you guys ever played "Driven to destruction"?
There was a garage where you could upgrade your car and even paint it like you wanted (graffiti style)

RexDarr

There was a garage where you could upgrade your car and even paint it like you wanted (graffiti style)

I played Test Drice: Eve Of Destruction. Similar idea. Paint booth. Wasnt great. Couldn't paint hub caps or certain areas of the vehicle like the entire trunk or the entire front side panels
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

Callahan420

I played Test Drice: Eve Of Destruction. Similar idea. Paint booth. Wasnt great. Couldn't paint hub caps or certain areas of the vehicle like the entire trunk or the entire front side panels

Same game just had a different name in Europe. Great game in any regard.

Konan

Maybe not but i liked the rawness of the painting...it looked like it was done with a spray can (as it should on those old bangers)

RexDarr

Maybe not but i liked the rawness of the painting...it looked like it was done with a spray can (as it should on those old bangers)

Agreed. It's almost a requirement to have a spray can paint job on the ol bangers
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar