Author Topic: Visible Tire Flex / Track Deformation / Trailer Races  (Read 285 times)

Weedman89

-Showing Low Tire Pressure Flex as car gets sideways as they Grip
-Track Deformation Ruts in soft loose dirt that can effect Handling (Mx vs Atv Reflex)
-More mud and or dirt kicking up from tires! (Not just dust!)
-With a Trailor attached cars race around a dirt oval!

sam223

1) Already happens kinda. Except the visual tire model and driving (physics) tire model are not connected. So the visual tire model just sinks into the ground a little like this

2) Probably wont happen, dynamic objects hammer the server CPU. Thered need to be massive CPU load improvements or lose other dynamic objects to have track surface deformations.

3) Is possible,have already tweaked that myself (skip to 10 secs)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBCQPnxy2Q

4) Happening possibly,was hinted at on twitter.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:55:16 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Weedman89

Thanks for the reponse! And yeah tesr drive eve of destruction so so my fun running with trailors!

But yeah i hear you with taxing the cpu! Makes since even if without map deformation more visual mud thrown would be nice it would just be another partical simulated is all! Say a car drives past you and kicks up mud it be sweet if that would stick to the car thats nearest and or behind it! Seems like games only simulate what dirt the car would put on itself! And nothing from the surround enviroment effects it!

With the tires id rather them deform in a soft manner realistically or be completely solid and above the map haha otherwise i feel the game is glitched! Either way i love this game! And im glad its focused more toward simulation and not arcade!

Weedman89

Lol ignore my typos!  8)

sam223

Thanks for the reponse! And yeah tesr drive eve of destruction so so my fun running with trailors!

But yeah i hear you with taxing the cpu! Makes since even if without map deformation more visual mud thrown would be nice it would just be another partical simulated is all! Say a car drives past you and kicks up mud it be sweet if that would stick to the car thats nearest and or behind it! Seems like games only simulate what dirt the car would put on itself! And nothing from the surround enviroment effects it!

With the tires id rather them deform in a soft manner realistically or be completely solid and above the map haha otherwise i feel the game is glitched! Either way i love this game! And im glad its focused more toward simulation and not arcade!
I agree,would be nice and maybe it is possible. Although im not a dev so i have no idea if they could add another shader for dirt splats. My previous post was just about what is currently possible really,mainly via modding. You could add dirt now if you re-purposed the _damaged textures for each skin and included dirt on them. But then it would only get dirty in contact with objects/other cars.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2