Author Topic: Updating custom content for June Update  (Read 2006 times)

The Very End

Ahhh, I have got it all wrong it seems! So, what I am, or was trying is to just create a part variant, I don't care about the car / total model itself. When I export I now see that there are two vhcl files that are exported, one is the body file itself and one is the actual newly created part. So, well, now it works I guess lol? Will have to test a lot of course.

When it comes to addition parts for the cars allready in game, I can make hollow folders only containing the additional files / files that changes and still be able to fit them on the cars right? Will of course have to manually add the additional part file to the actual body file of the car.

Sorry for being a waste of air here, all I wanted was to create parts, I am by no means ready to create a car yet ;)

STRmods

It's entirely possible to do what you wanted, I updated my euro 1 custom mod to add some visual parts (I don't even have a project file for that car) But yeah all you need is those loose part .scne files, a panel file if one doesn't exist (panel files don't need to be named with #part0/1/2 they just work without "#partx") then of course the visual part file that enables them in game. I only figured out myself how to do it manually last night (without even project files for the car if you know what you're doing).

I'm with updating mods at the moment but maybe I will make a video on how to do it sometime.

*EDIT*
Here's my Euro Custom mod with parts as proof of concept
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:14:40 PM by STRmods »

The Very End

Great as allways, your figuring things out fast. Thanks for sharing the knowledge :)

Edit: Lol that little beast!

STRmods

No problem :) and yeah the lifted euro is a mini monster, handles the new track well  ;D

Anyway back to work... *disappears*

The Very End

Haha! Nice!

Btw, figured out the colision spheres had to cover the part, but does the solid body have to cover the part too? For now if I stretch the object a bit it does not fall off on hits, even if I have joints on it. I know the panel file gives information regarding this, but the whole modelling aspect / rules of the actual part is a bit of a mystery to me. Any intel?

Edit: Actually the car is destroyed / dnf if it falls off, no idea why but =D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:37:11 PM by The Very End »

STRmods

Haha! Nice!

Btw, figured out the colision spheres had to cover the part, but does the solid body have to cover the part too? For now if I stretch the object a bit it does not fall off on hits, even if I have joints on it. I know the panel file gives information regarding this, but the whole modelling aspect / rules of the actual part is a bit of a mystery to me. Any intel?

Edit: Actually the car is destroyed / dnf if it falls off, no idea why but =D

Yeah as far as I know the solidbody is basically the backbone of deformation, I'm pretty sure it's what the deformation system uses as a model to squash, which then translates into the car parts deforming. If you use the fancy new debugging tools that were added to this update you can check out the deformation + cluster to see what I mean :)

sam223

Im having a bit of a situation with #parts.
I want to have customization but its having an impact on my damage. As an example,i have chrome trim that falls off. This is made of 3 objects per side (L/R), so it falls off as individual pieces. But in order to have one option of chrome trim (on/off) that takes up 6 of the #parts slots.

Is there anyway of setting up a part hierarchy like joints. So i could have parent chrome_trim_l#part0 with child objects of chrome_trim_l_1 & 2. Tie multiple object to 1 #part, without merging the objects into 1 and effecting damage.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2