Author Topic: June Update  (Read 18066 times)

MamieNova

I was hoping for a Destruction Derby Wrecking Mode and if that's not implemented in the final product I'll be very dissapointed. I hoped to be part of the game development when I bought this game with being part of a great community to help the devs to build a game the users want. But it seems like my hopes were over the top.  :(

You were hoping for a new Destruction Derby.
I was hoping for a new Flatout (you know, a real new Flatout)
Others players want to push clean racing.

So, what exactly is "a game the users want" when the users disagree among themselves?
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

FalconXY

Yeah right, but it is still possible to put in all these different game elements into Wreckfest by using different modes. So each player can choose the favorite game mode.
The base game is perfect for it now. It only needs different racing / clean racing / wrecking modes.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

conso1727

With a heavy heart I have to side with the people that hypotesise the rushed release. The best case scenario that can happen now is a solid core game on release (Career in place and so forth) with additional stuff like bonus vehicles and extra modes released later down the road at hopefully regular intervals. A new car or track or mode every month or few weeks maybe?

sam223

With a heavy heart I have to side with the people that hypotesise the rushed release. The best case scenario that can happen now is a solid core game on release (Career in place and so forth) with additional stuff like bonus vehicles and extra modes released later down the road at hopefully regular intervals. A new car or track or mode every month or few weeks maybe?
Don't lose to much faith,stuff like assets (tracks/cars/gamemodes) could easily be outsourced,THQ maybe? Don't quote me on that of course
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RickyB

thqnordic website says 'TBC 2017' for Wreckfest release date. I assume TBC stands for 'to be confirmed'(?). Does that mean that the release date / year is not really set in stone yet? could it mean 'maybe 2018'? https://www.thqnordic.com/releases

One could also say - Bugbear is an experienced studio, they probably know how to finish a game on time properly and when to go into "full completion mode". (?)

What I would wish for a final release is a 'tournament mode' for MP and SP, where you can determine the number of different tracks, the tracks itself, number of laps for each track, race modes and so on. I could use some more motivation; a tournament mode could be very motivating :) This has been suggested many times I think and I wonder why it isn't in the game already. Saving the best for last, huh? ;)

Just one complaint, dear Bugbear - The way of communicating the halt on updates gets 0/10 points. Seriously - an answer to a twitter question, that you could easily miss and only see when you're logged in to twitter - I don't think that's a proper way to communicate (kind of important) stuff like that. And taking time to answer the same question on twitter ,"when is ps4 and x-box release?", about five times a week over and over instead of posting development screenshots - also 0/10 ;)   hehe, just kidding... or am I? Not sure yet :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:30:08 PM by RickyB »

blazngun

They deserve any and all criticism when it comes to proper communication, or lack thereof.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Conte Zero

Reading of june update, in mid september. So sad, smells like deadware even if it's not (we hope
Saippuakivikauppias

Zebulon55

It's not deadware. Surely they're working on it.

That Twitter reply-
"Replying to @ireadtabloids @TheEngiGuy
Final out by the end of this year. Not sure yet whether we update the game in the meantime, updates always take time."

They're not spending our (Early Access members) money now, they're spending THQNordic's money.  Polishing a build for us takes time away from development, and probably isn't a priority in THQNordic's eyes.

I hope we get another update before release, but it depends on how generous they feel, IMHO. I'd like to at least have an improved UI and parts/market available for online play during these last 15 weeks of the year.

RickyB

Seen some activity on steamdb history... Maybe one more update before final? Could mean nothing though.

Also saw this list for the first time - steam store tags for Wreckfest... featuring  "Funny" , "Open World" , "Adventure" , "DEMONS" (!?!?!?!?) - what? :D   
Aha, so this game is an "atmospheric open world third person co-op adventure with realistic arcade simulation driving physics in a sandbox" ...  :P

If Bugbear was confident, that a final version will definitely be ready in 3 months, wouldn't they know a date by now? Just wondering why it's still a 'to be confirmed' status on THQnordic website.

Rocket455Man

Hi!

For Christmas sales.

And then lots of dissapointed customers and endless patch count.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Purple44

I say it 50/50 chance we see a final version of Wreckfest release by the end of the year.

Bugbear still has a lot to do. I think things have to go real well for Wreckfest to be ready. If Bugbear run into some more snags\bugs in getting final version ready and trying get all them new visual parts for the rest the other cars done, I will be pleasantly surprise to see final release in December and I will get to keep my $50 bet.  :o

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RexDarr

I pre-ordered the game last January for Xbox One. I was hoping it would have been released by now. I'd rather wait and let Bugbear make a great game than get a half finished game with bugs and constant updates.
Nevertheless, I'm crossing my fingers for a 2018 release.
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

Rowdy Burns

I pre-ordered the game last January for Xbox One. I was hoping it would have been released by now. I'd rather wait and let Bugbear make a great game than get a half finished game with bugs and constant updates.
Nevertheless, I'm crossing my fingers for a 2018 release.
I preordered for the PS4 and have my fingers crossed a very early 2018 release!! I wonder if we will still get the soundtrack and "Backer" car that was mentioned??.. I hope so!!