Author Topic: June Update 2017  (Read 44143 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's definitely a good idea regarding different engine characteristics and it's something we've been wanting to do as well for quite some time now.

Generally speaking the different engines and parts will make much more sense in the context of the upcoming career.

Daystar

Thank god for the additional parts mod. it saved me from giving up on this game a short while ago! with all driving assists on, I was still suffering over steer and under steering with snapping in both directions. had to get the AWD Transmission setup. and thank god it works still! (keyboard user mind you). so onto something else I would like to point out. the font in the best times part is really bad.

Also in track selection screen. for Sandpit 1 the descriptions are incorrect. long loop and short loop tracks needs to be corrected in their descriptions.

Here is screen capture of best time font that looks well, pretty bad!

Finsku

How do you get the lawnmower guy to appear, did you set the AI Set yourself or just go straight to the race?

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, JohnBart!

I got also, because when I launched the game first time after update Class had an option "-".

I drove with my Class C car and the "Class" option on Quick Race -page was "-":

EDIT: Posted this accidentally, more text incoming

Looks like there is only Class A-D and lawnmower in Quick Race > Options > AI Set. After changing "-" to another you can't find "-" anymore (only options Class A-D and lawnmower).
So every time player changes a car, player should remember to change Class that AI will have same class cars?

Tonza

Crash Canyon, me likey  8)

MamieNova

Generally speaking the different engines and parts will make much more sense in the context of the upcoming career.

Say whaaaaat ?
It makes ALL OF THE SENSE in multiplayer, and multiplayer exists now! =D

Currently I'm mainly using the 327ci. It is actually different from the 350 in some small ways; iirc max power/torque are a bit earlier and don't really drop back down at higher RPMs, but the sheer difference of pure power prevents you from really using it to your advantage. I think it's a bit sad.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Finsku

Haven't played more than one track yet, had difficulties with my laptop but looks like settings (graphic) are now right.

The game doesn't support mouse anymore. Can't scroll parts with touchpad on Garage window.
Some text are hard to read without any background. Like on menu where garage is on background and game doesn't have shadows on. Same with couple other elements in-game.

I'll go back to play, brb  :P

EDIT:

- Testing parts in Garage window would be easier. Now you have to click part, check how it looks, cancel it (ESC), select another part (click it) and so on. Maybe hovering the part will show right away what kind part it is without any clicking and going backwards.
- Accept buying with Enter (you have to use mouse to accept)
- Selecting part (example front bumper) the camera focuses to that specific object. Now you have to rotate car to watch that specific part.

back to playing --->

RoK_

First of all: great update with a nice push in a promising direction :D
But I do, of course, have some minor criticism:
- The dust effect is really overkill at the moment on Dirt and Mixed tracks. Not only I cannot see the competition ahead, but it's hard to follow the track layout as well. It also has an impact on fps I think. Please reduce the effect, we don't need sandstorms on dirt tracks. ;)

I'll have to agree with JohnBart on this one. The dust and tire smoke effects look kind of weird and out of place to me.
This could, of course, be because of my settings so I'm happy to be proven wrong ;)
Also, it seems to appear in front of my broken windshield:

A minor issue for us rare 21:9 user is that the main menu looks a bit funny, with the garage showing on both sides of the menu:

Tonza

So far loving the update, but there's 1 thing that I think needs to be fixed. It's the main menu. Now I know it's WIP but in it's current state it looks like a poor mobile port to PC game. Otherwise, stellar job Bugbear!  :D

Janne Suur-Näkki

The main menu is definitely a heavy wip so it will be improved later on.

Good point about the dust effects, we'll see if we can make them less intrusive.

Mortal

Pink texture on gravel 1 for me

Ed
Yes, dust very intrusive, maybe reduce opacity.

And please janne add dust dirt etc accumulate on cars...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:02:07 PM by Mortal »

catn1p

so please everyone, if you're a wheel user let's hear what you think.

But the moment you go straight again, the force just *poof* disappears

I noticed that too I think, couldn't explain it better though. Makes it hard to control fishtailing.

I was looking forwad to the announced FFB improvements but at the moment it's worse for me. It feels a bit like a laggy server but it's in SP too now :P

Might be a problem with my settings though or maybe I need to get used to it. Didn't have too much time yet.

Edit:

Also a gamebreaker online is that it seems like you can't change your car setup without leaving the server anymore
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:43:20 PM by catn1p »
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

Ak1504

Why do i have only 1 car to choose from ? Oo
i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | 16 GB G.Skill Ares 2400 | Fanatec CSR + CSR Elite Pedals

MamieNova

Am I missing it or is it just not possible to modify a car while in a MP lobby ?
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

RacerBest

I noticed the A class starts at 240 pp, not at 260 like the news post says.

Paul_B

Janne , As Devin mentioned the FFB has has gone to dogs !

I have a €400 Thrustmaster TX an it feels like I driving with €100 bungee cord toy one, there's hardly any feeling there. Now it just feels like a big spring pulling
 the wheel left an right.. no road feel or impact jolts apart from a little when hitting the Armco barriers.
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift