Author Topic: June Update  (Read 10321 times)

Zebulon55

Maybe for gameplay purposes, BB wants these cars to be very hard to control at top engine performance. Maybe for game strategy, highest horsepower is not always the best choice for winning, and a lower horsepower and other upgrade choices will perform better at least on some tracks in later development or when the game is final.

Among the reasons I'm a fan of Wreckfest is that I started driving in 1979, when the American cars represented in the game were old enough to be second and third owner cars, so I and my friends all had these types of cars. I had a second generation Camaro, and AM4 is based on the second generation GM F-body, Camaro and Firebird.
The F-bodies were no doubt the best handling of the GM Muscle cars represented in the game, with a low center of gravity, but that V-8 in the front, and light back end with leaf spring suspension, you wouldn't use much of the throttle travel to drive a twisty gravel. Too much speed/throttle, and you'd be in the ditch from understeer or oversteer.

American muscle was more about quickness and speed... in a straight line. (Also nice paint jobs. - It ain't cool if the chrome don't shine.)  That's part of the reason why drag racing and oval racing are the most common in America, and circuit racing is more everywhere else. Oval racing is about going fast in the straights and slowing thru the turns. Handling wasn't that big of a consideration among the American muscle cars. The sedan is around 1980 vintage, and wouldn't have handled very well either.

America was behind Europe in tire technology as well. Most of these cars probably came with bias-ply tires, the Chevelle definitely did. Europe had radials, which became common in the U.S. in the mid Seventies.

All of this is from a realism standpoint though - arcade would be best equipment gets best lap times.  :)

Interesting to see where Bugbear goes with this in future updates.  :o

I'm on keyboard, just started playing with more of the assists. Used half stability control before.

RickyB

Yea, maybe. I guess Bugbear is on holiday... I'd be interested in hearing something from them about this.
What I was wondering about the imaginary 'throttle-distributon-curve' is maybe better explained with a picture.

On the x-axis there's 'time', on the y-axis there is the amount of pushing the gas pedal in percent. With an analog controller you can influence, or better, determine that curve on your own. With KB you can't (tapping isn't the same) - so I was hoping that maybe the curve that works for C and B class does not work that well with A3xx class - maybe that's why we see AI cars spin out, too. So I was speculating, that maybe some adjustments could happen for KB as well - as it is planned for the AI.

For example: In 2 seconds, how is the throttle distributed (spread?) in that time(?)

(click to enlarge)

Maybe C and B class work well with a linear blue or even with the red one, but in A3xx class it is too much gas in too little time. So maybe you have to be more careful with the gas in the first second or so, similar to the green curve or lower the angle on the linear one. I wouldn't be surprised if BB did not have enough time to properly test it with the new high-power cars. Otherwise we probably wouldn't see AI cars sliding around. *crossing fingers*  :)

Nitronik

Glad to see I am not the only one who finds cars pretty much impossible to control with mkb after the update. 

The F-bodies were no doubt the best handling of the GM Muscle cars represented in the game, with a low center of gravity, but that V-8 in the front, and light back end with leaf spring suspension, you wouldn't use much of the throttle travel to drive a twisty gravel. Too much speed/throttle, and you'd be in the ditch from understeer or oversteer.

I wouldn't mind this being a thing in-game, but as it stands, as soon as you start creeping near 270pp it's game over.

About the AI spinning out, I mostly noticed it in online games, where the AI takes control of a player vehicle after they're done racing. Every corner is a dice roll for them - even at such low speeds you can sometimes see AI spin out

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:42:01 PM by Nitronik »
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 8GB RAM

Orbotnive T

I just noticed due to restarting from scratch and saving/buying after the update and the original parts problem, I don't yet have euro1 and asian1. They are not in the market to buy either. Any ideas why?

Mopower

I just noticed due to restarting from scratch and saving/buying after the update and the original parts problem, I don't yet have euro1 and asian1. They are not in the market to buy either. Any ideas why?
Because the devs are giving up on their cars like I am giving up on the game lul.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Nitronik

Had the same issue, sometimes cars just fail to appear in the marketplace at all.

I was told I needed to get rid of my save - but it fixed itself somewhat randomly
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - i5 4440 - 8GB RAM

Bobby Koticks

It would be funny if you manage to mow through spectators on the ground they would go flying all over the place in rag-doll mode, then would calmly get up, slowly walk back to their place and applauded.
my opinions are facts

Tonza

It would be funny if you manage to mow through spectators on the ground they would go flying all over the place in rag-doll mode, then would calmly get up, slowly walk back to their place and applauded.
Bugbear don't want that esrb A / pegi 18 badge lol!

KingOfTheCakes

Okay I've played a couple hours today and tbh the suspension and FFB for wheels really need some work atm.

The soft suspension does not take bumps well at all, and the cars roll over way too easily with standard suspension, even the heavy and wide muscle cars. However, the real reason I'm struggling is because the force feedback feels very numb. I'm not getting a lot with the wheel compared to previous updates, so even keeping things in a straight line is hard to do now. The cars are pretty much undrivable with no stability control, or having it on Half, because correcting the car is just guess work right now as I can't feel much. Turning it to 100% just makes the wheel heavier and that's it.

Edit: This is regarding A class cars only, I've yet to play with lower classes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:23:34 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

BenDover

Okay I've played a couple hours today and tbh the suspension and FFB for wheels really need some work atm.

The soft suspension does not take bumps well at all, and the cars roll over way too easily with standard suspension, even the heavy and wide muscle cars. However, the real reason I'm struggling is because the force feedback feels very numb. I'm not getting a lot with the wheel compared to previous updates, so even keeping things in a straight line is hard to do now. The cars are pretty much undrivable with no stability control, or having it on Half, because correcting the car is just guess work right now as I can't feel much. Turning it to 100% just makes the wheel heavier and that's it.

Standars sups are fine on the AM1 and you can controll the cars with no stability control you just need to be carefull with the throttle, I seen to many go over to using stability control instead for its seems better atm anyway, but I dont know, I might try stability on aswell and see how it is...
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

Standars sups are fine on the AM1 and you can controll the cars with no stability control you just need to be carefull with the throttle, I seen to many go over to using stability control instead for its seems better atm anyway, but I dont know, I might try stability on aswell and see how it is...

I gave up on A class cars after trying get the hang of racing with the AM5, then AM1, banger version of sedan and AM4 and AM4. Gas is just to touch for me with a DFGT wheel and no assists.

I won't go to the dark side and use any assists, so I'm back to racing with B class AM5 online. Maybe Bugbear give us same racing and dirt tires to tame the A class cars so players don't have to use assists?

Just need a little better grip coming out the turns.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

From what I've gathered after deep deep research and information is this; If you want to have a fair lobby where everyone follows the same rules, allow a force assist off option.

(Everybody jumps up and goes "Wow, holy cow, never thought of something like that. How would it work Mopower!? That's some crazy Sh*t)

Me- "Oh I don't know guys, maybe a toggle switch for the server starter or an admin when selecting settings seems about good for me."

(Super Active posters on the forums that are really really worried about player count)- "Well then you are just forcing players out!"

Because apparently only playing clean racing, or just playing dirty racing, or just playing with mods or just playing ovals and figure 8s or just playing technical courses or just play demolition derbies doesn't already do that, right? Yeah... Give me an answer for that.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

sam223

From what I've gathered after deep deep research and information is this; If you want to have a fair lobby where everyone follows the same rules, allow a force assist off option.

(Everybody jumps up and goes "Wow, holy cow, never thought of something like that. How would it work Mopower!? That's some crazy Sh*t)

Me- "Oh I don't know guys, maybe a toggle switch for the server starter or an admin when selecting settings seems about good for me."

(Super Active posters on the forums that are really really worried about player count)- "Well then you are just forcing players out!"

Because apparently only playing clean racing, or just playing dirty racing, or just playing with mods or just playing ovals and figure 8s or just playing technical courses or just play demolition derbies doesn't already do that, right? Yeah... Give me an answer for that.
You can do it with mods,banger mod will be no assists only in the future
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Finsku

I gave up on A class cars after trying get the hang of racing with the AM5, then AM1, banger version of sedan and AM4 and AM4. Gas is just to touch for me with a DFGT wheel and no assists.

I won't go to the dark side and use any assists, so I'm back to racing with B class AM5 online. Maybe Bugbear give us same racing and dirt tires to tame the A class cars so players don't have to use assists?

Just need a little better grip coming out the turns.

Try Purple A class car with Open differential. I usually play with A class Asian 1 which has open differential. Easiest car to drive without any assists IMO.

The Very End

In my opinion we should not tailor / reduce the cars to behave nicer so that people who refuse to use assists still can use the fastest cars. It would be a double penalty where we have no choice. The game is very much driveable with assists - and without, alltho it is very difficult. But again, you drive a car with over 400 hp and with bad tires, you have to be carefull.

It (the game) could of course need some tweaks here and there, but making it easier for everyone because you refuse to use assist, you agree that is not fair? At Steam forum it is pretty divided, half of the people complains it is too easy and the rest the oposite. The only way to do this is to have it "hard" enough for the ones wishing that, with the possibility to use assists for the ones struggling.

- A peasant assist driver -
:)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:29:26 AM by The Very End »