Author Topic: June Update  (Read 24242 times)

Tonza

If they keep this handling model, I sure as hell hope they don't make it so you can create a server with assists off only

CFodder

As an assist user I have no issue if they have it as an admin option, it just means won't race in servers without them or use mods that force them off.

LUNITIC_WILL

i am now just getting back into this game. it seems ok so far, just need more visual stuff for the rest of the vehicles, and can you guys start naming drivers and cars so it's not *Player 22 is in 1st with American 2 (II) but *Sofia Benton (thought of a random name) is in 1st with the New Broker (GTA IV Reference)
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Tonza

i am now just getting back into this game. it seems ok so far, just need more visual stuff for the rest of the vehicles, and can you guys start naming drivers and cars so it's not *Player 22 is in 1st with American 2 (II) but *Sofia Benton (thought of a random name) is in 1st with the New Broker (GTA IV Reference)
You can rename the AI drivers to whatever you want
(steam\steamapps\common\bugbear entertainment\data\property\career\ai_names.txt)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:14:03 PM by Tonza »

Mopower

From what I've gathered after deep deep research and information is this; If you want to have a fair lobby where everyone follows the same rules, allow a force assist off option.

(Everybody jumps up and goes "Wow, holy cow, never thought of something like that. How would it work Mopower!? That's some crazy Sh*t)

Me- "Oh I don't know guys, maybe a toggle switch for the server starter or an admin when selecting settings seems about good for me."

(Super Active posters on the forums that are really really worried about player count)- "Well then you are just forcing players out!"

Because apparently only playing clean racing, or just playing dirty racing, or just playing with mods or just playing ovals and figure 8s or just playing technical courses or just play demolition derbies doesn't already do that, right? Yeah... Give me an answer for that.
You can do it with mods,banger mod will be no assists only in the future
What I mean is that if people are worried about assists splitting the player base, lobbies that feature only certain types of racing o4 styles of racing or tracks or modes alr3ady split it up. So what's the harm?
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Daystar

You can rename the AI drivers to whatever you want
(steam\steamapps\common\bugbear entertainment\data\property\career\ai_names.txt)

That is correct. and it is also a good idea to backup your newly created AI List. otherwise when Bugbear does have real AI names, it will overwrite your newly created AI file. also some mods out there on Steam will also overwrite the AI file.  always good to have backups of essential things you may need to restore in the future.

BenDover

I am afraid the game are starting to "bleed out" again :/ Its really sad to see.. :( Ofc 130+ is a little more then we had befor the update yes but its sad to see it going down in numbers again :/
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

Maybe the too touchy A class gas pedal and to many clean racing servers drove away the causal new player to Wreckfest online?

Tonight I took a look online and in the US only there was only 2 servers up, 14 players in Space server where rough racing in the fig 8 and oval tracks not allow anymore, No hunt the leader in a fig 8 or oval track race. :(

No players in the New England server where rough racing allowed.  :(  A causal Joe player in the US, looking for some "wreckfest" racing may find it hard find a lobby with some rough and tumble players to race with.

And Newbies going up against players that been racing online for over 2 years in fast A class cars can be off putting if you get left in the dust all by yourself.  :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

conso1727

Since this is a rather silly question I will leave it here, it doesn't deserve its own thread, I want to push this game's graphics as low as possible, including resolution. Are the graphical options also accessible in a separate file?

LUNITIC_WILL

Maybe the too touchy A class gas pedal and to many clean racing servers drove away the causal new player to Wreckfest online?

Tonight I took a look online and in the US only there was only 2 servers up, 14 players in Space server where rough racing in the fig 8 and oval tracks not allow anymore, No hunt the leader in a fig 8 or oval track race. :(

No players in the New England server where rough racing allowed.  :(  A causal Joe player in the US, looking for some "wreckfest" racing may find it hard find a lobby with some rough and tumble players to race with.

And Newbies going up against players that been racing online for over 2 years in fast A class cars can be off putting if you get left in the dust all by yourself.  :P
i've played on both and they do allow rough racing as long as you aren't purposefully doing or going backwards.
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Purple44

i've played on both and they do allow rough racing as long as you aren't purposefully doing or going backwards.

I was told 2 Saturdays ago when I was at Space server after a big fig 8 race that I could no longer hunt the leader of a fig 8 race or oval race like I use to do at Space server. So I left.

Look bad when an Admin not following the new rules. :P

Fig 8 and ovals suppose be rough and tumble races in Wreckfest. I did make an exception for the Speedway 2 large oval race and played nice there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:13:03 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RickyB

(...) I want to push this game's graphics as low as possible, including resolution. Are the graphical options also accessible in a separate file?

Don't know about graphic settings file, and maybe you know this already, just in case - there's a mod that makes everything as low detail as possible called 'Low Level Of Detail' from Qmazy.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708703263&searchtext=lod

sam223

I was told 2 Saturdays ago when I was at Space server after a big fig 8 race that I could no longer hunt the leader of a fig 8 race or oval race like I use to do at Space server. So I left.

Look bad when an Admin not following the new rules. :P

Fig 8 and ovals suppose be rough and tumble races in Wreckfest. I did make an exception for the Speedway 2 large oval race and played nice there.
Shame you're on the wrong side of the world purple (ping issues) youd fit right in on the bangers servers
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

conso1727

(...) I want to push this game's graphics as low as possible, including resolution. Are the graphical options also accessible in a separate file?

Don't know about graphic settings file, and maybe you know this already, just in case - there's a mod that makes everything as low detail as possible called 'Low Level Of Detail' from Qmazy.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708703263&searchtext=lod

Oh yes, I already have it, but I want to go deeper!
I found the file that handles presets by the way, I am tinkering with BagEdit to see what happens

BenDover

Thats why the name "wreckfest" is wrong. We would probally have more ppl playing the game if we dident have a name that goes "one direction".
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,