Author Topic: June Update  (Read 24770 times)

Calamann

can we expect a july update?
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

TheEngiGuy

Nope, devs are (or were) on holidays.

Calamann

Nope, devs are (or were) on holidays.
oh yes I remember. so hopefully an august update :)
I  L O V E  W R E C K F E S T

ASUS Z87-C
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / 4GB
16 GB DDR3
128 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Windows 10

TheEngiGuy

In other words, Wreckfest will be present at Gamescom 2017. I think around that time (end of August) we'll get an update. Maybe.

Bobby Koticks

Do you guys plan on optimizing the game to run on lower-ish-end computers?

One of the nice things about FlatOut and FlatOut 2 was that they were entirely playable (an looked pretty good even) on poverty-misery range setups with Intel integrated graphics. It made the game accessible to folks whose mom wouldn't give money for a new computer.

By optimization I don't mean sacrificing graphics quality on higher settings, but to make it scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG7sfXitotA

UI that keeps me awake at nights - https://i.imgur.com/Tnvo7AY.png

(I actually have GTX560 which is almost OK, but before that, for a long time I had to live with mentioned above).
my opinions are facts

sam223

Do you guys plan on optimizing the game to run on lower-ish-end computers?

One of the nice things about FlatOut and FlatOut 2 was that they were entirely playable (an looked pretty good even) on poverty-misery range setups with Intel integrated graphics. It made the game accessible to folks whose mom wouldn't give money for a new computer.

By optimization I don't mean sacrificing graphics quality on higher settings, but to make it scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG7sfXitotA

UI that keeps me awake at nights - https://i.imgur.com/Tnvo7AY.png

(I actually have GTX560 which is almost OK, but before that, for a long time I had to live with mentioned above).

By the time the game hits v1.0 the recommended specs will already be in the mid to low range.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Janne doing some tweeting today, I had to post a response or 2:

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/902200463503839234

BugbearEntertainment? @bugbeargames
Replying to @ireadtabloids @TheEngiGuy

Final out by the end of this year. Not sure yet whether we update the game in the meantime, updates always take time.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RickyB

BugbearEntertainment? @bugbeargames
Final out by the end of this year. Not sure yet whether we update the game in the meantime, updates always take time.

:o ... At least it's only 4 months. Maybe even slightly less if they want to make it before Christmas. Can we maybe get something like 1 development screenshot per week, please? Screenshots don't take long and could shorten the wait a bit. Even if it's just some teaser stuff if BB doesn't want to show too much before final release.

conso1727

I hope that doesn't translate to a rushed final release.

CrashsTestsFr

Oh...
That's really disappointing.

Can we maybe get something like 1 development screenshot per week, please? Screenshots don't take long and could shorten the wait a bit.
It doesn't take long, like coming here and telling us what's happening. It doesn't take long, like communicating. Like someone famous (for bad reasons) said : "Sounds good, doesn't work".

4 month before release, we have no final UI, no career mode, a sketch of customisation system, not a single finished track and 9 cars (plus 4 "rat" versions of existing ones).
"I have a baaaaaaad feeling about this"
https://www.crashs-tests.fr
Windows 10 / i7-4790K 4Ghz / nVidia 1080 GTX / 16GB  Xbox One pad / G27 / T500RS
Oculus DK2 & CV1

FalconXY

For my opinion until end of this year is way too less time to do all the missing stuff. Don't rush please.  :o

I don't need another 10 cars or many new tracks. That's what the community modders can do.

I would like to see 10 more game modes to make this game even more fun and long lasting.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:18:13 AM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Finsku

nah I'm okay. If I can wait next GoT season (2019) I can easily wait the release update  :)

Cornkid

I would take that to mean publisher wants a payback for their investment, which is fair enough.

Without THQ we would of had a final release 8 months ago, with possible updates later, lol ;)

What a fk up of a game development, lets ignore any communication with our supporters, the fact no one has posted in 2 days shows how interactive the forum is, in the meantime  lets make game breaking changes that none of our community asked for.

Lets only interact with a select few via PM's and when the masses get to vocal, then tell us about how our wifes toothache, our own personal ailments, or alien abductions have stopped us from delivering "the more frequent comms, and monthly  updates".

same shit , different year BB crew, It's not funny at all,

I hope to god you have arranged for all the guys that paid extra to get a mention in second hand adverts to actually get a mention, cos I can only guess the feedback from you're once loyal community if not ;)

Have a nice weekend devs.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:47:08 PM by Cornkid »

Tonza

I would take that to mean publisher wants a payback for their investment, which is fair enough.

Without THQ we would of had a final release 8 months ago, with possible updates later, lol ;)

What a fk up of a game development, lets ignore any communication with our supporters, the fact no one has posted in 2 days shows how interactive the forum is, in the meantime  lets make game breaking changes that none of our community asked for.

Lets only interact with a select few via PM's and when the masses get to vocal, then tell us about how our wifes toothache, our own personal ailments, or alien abductions have stopped us from delivering "the more frequent comms, and monthly  updates".

I hope to god you have arranged for all the guys that paid extra to get a mention in second hand adverts to actually get a mention, cos I can only guess the feedback from you're once loyal community if not ;)

wew lad

CFodder

Spot on Ck!