Author Topic: How can I run the previous build?  (Read 284 times)

Daystar

I did make a copy of our previous build, and tried to run it. it started up on the beginning splash screen (yesterdays new build) than it instantly crashed.  is there a way to get it to work?
my 2014 copy of The Next Car game runs fine. is it because it's on my other hard drive with my older version of steam on it as well?

I have tried everything to get our April 2017 build to work, such as disconnecting my wifi cable, adding an steam_appid.txt file with the 228380 info in it. yet still no go.
also renamed Wreckfest_x64.exe to Wreckfest_x64-old.exe and it started up the splash screen from our previous build! but sadly crashed right after that.

Another solution would be to torrent it, since the rippers/packers know how to get games to run. but hell no, I got caught 2 years ago, for downloading some cheesy movie and had to pay 1000 euros. will never use torrents again!

I am stuck... can anyone give some advice how to run our previous build?

----

And you may ask... why play it? well, because I do not like this build much. I am a single player mostly guy, and this new build has gotten rid of some key features that I truly miss. such as after race results with cool things like "Most Takedowns" "Most damage dealt" "Fastest lap" also car info which gave great stats on each car. top speed, time driven, wrecks, air time, rolled over. damn it was fun checking out these infos every so often. these were cool things to monitor as a mostly single player dude.

So in my pic below I have no problems running a really older Next Car Game (A) but really want to get (B) or previous build to run. please  ::)

St. Jimmy

Maybe the new save file doesn't work with the old build, if your current copy tries to read that one instead of making a new one?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Daystar I was able to load the April Build. I put Steam in offline mode, swap current \common\Bugbear Entertainment folder to the copy of April Build. I tried starting Wreckfest and game crashes.

So then I went to my Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local folder and swap in the copy of \wreckfest early access folder I made June 1 to be ready for the new beta Build release.

Then I was able to get Wreckfest to load and started couple tracks without crashing. :)

Daystar, you make any backups of the Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access folder? Hope you did.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Well you can likely share that if he forgot to copy it. Isn't that where the save file is, so it's likely that causing the issue?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, the save data from the latest update will make the old build crash, so to get it to run you need to delete the new save data (backup first of course).
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Daystar

Thanks for helping out guys. I do not know what you mean by save file. what is the name of that file? and ooops Purple I did not make a backup of what you mentioned. however I do have older career.cres files would that help? sorry, just so lost in these type of things lol

I assume my car stats would be compromised probably with the new build over writing previous build files?

Daystar

Woohoo! it worked! and best thing is, it actually kept my car stats somehow! no exp but it will be fun building that back up again. and no insane amount of cash. I am stoked really! lol
also made a desktop shortcut to the game. just got to remember not launch it from my steam app on my taskbar now! and also I will not try to go online with the previous build. probably would say wrong client or crash anyways. Thank you guys! I can continue playing it again, and also be able to play The Very Ends cool tracks. ughhh which reminds me oh no! so when he updates his textures, I might not be able to play The Very Track pack!  :o Guess I need to archive it quickly! lol

So happy to get her running again!

I might come back to newer Bugbear/THQ builds later on, granted car stats return, AWD Transmission implemented for my keyboard play (for great handling). and graphics optimization. lost some fps with the newer track artworks. (newest build)

Have a great night!