Author Topic: Performance decrease on about 50% in new patch  (Read 908 times)

The Very End

Morning!

Just been testing all tracks, which looks great btw, but my performance is about half of what it was in previous versions. Running everything on low still causes rather bad FPS on the ordinary derby track and most of the other tracks.

My rig:
Nvidia Gforce 1070 GTX OC
Intel i-7 3850
16GB ram (think it is DDR 3 or 4)
And running on SSD

Any suggestions on how to improve? Disabled vsync btw :)
And you others, have your performance increased / decreased? Also, systemspecs?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:48:11 AM by The Very End »

Finsku

I had same problems, maybe because the graphic settings were from older build. But looks like you edited graphic settings already.. ????

I fixed my problem with setting graphic settings again to low (settings were low already because laptop).
Before setting settings first time after update I had same settings but fps grew from 5fps to 15fps (not good laptop, fps was before 15-20).

The Very End

Did try that yes, sadly it made no difference :C Not sure what kind of FPS I should get, but I have shadows and  reflections on low as well as particles, and it still runs pretty awfull from times to times.
Would steam integrity file check help any here?

TheEngiGuy

That's strange. Performance for me is definitely improved with much less frame drops, and I have a weaker rig than yours (GTX 970, AMD-FX 8370, Win 10, 8GB RAM)

The Very End

Yeah, find it strange too. On start of races I drop down to sub 20's, and at the derby track (the first one introduced) it's usually around that most time in the center of the track.

Edit: Hmmm, someone suggested that Nvidia V/Gsync might royally screw up things. I will tripplecheck when I get home to see I have that active.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:36:49 PM by The Very End »

TheEngiGuy

Do you have Windows 10 updated to the latest version? If so, see if Windows' Game Mode feature may be affecting the game's performance.

The Very End

Didn't know that was a thing, will look into that as well thanks!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yeah, definitely make sure the DVR feature is not recording constantly in the background.

There have been no changes that should make the game slower, on the contrary, the latest update is more optimized.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Yeah, that what I find strange. I'd say PEBCAC here, but then that ain't fun either hah! Will tripplecheck those nvidia and windows 10 options.

Purple44

End, did you ever get your computer to run Wreckfest better again?

Is there a problem with 1070 Nvidia video card and Wreckfest?

I did make sure to relaunch the game after enabling any mods. I was not aware that you still had to buy the vehicles even though they are mods, that's what it was. Sadly, I had to refund the game. It kept crashing randomly, even on 32 bit version. That, no career mode, and no free roam was a deal breaker for me. Hopefully with THQ now involved they'll get it completed, fix the bugs, and I can come back to it in the future. Thanks everyone.

Could you post your computer specs WNCmotard? Be curious if it a wimpy computer that might be causing the problem or you have a good gaming computer and somethings else causing the crashing.

Ya if mainly an offline player looking play a career mode, best wait for final release version to checkout career mode.

Sure thing. It's not top of the line, but it's no slouch.

ASrock Z170M Extreme4 MB
Core i5 6400 baseclocked 4.4Ghz
Zotac AMP GTX 1070 OC 2.1Ghz
16GB DDR 2400 RAM
Samsung EVO 850 500Gb SSD

I hope they do fix it, as when it ran it was fun, and I loved the damage modeling.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

I wrote wrong, I have a 1060 but same as before - performance is rather crap after the june build tbh :/

St. Jimmy

Do you have any other PCIe cards?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

You mean active now or before? Had the 680 before but that melted so cannot test with other card hehe.

St. Jimmy

You mean active now or before? Had the 680 before but that melted so cannot test with other card hehe.
I mean something like audio card or anything else that's in PCIe slot sharing the PCIe lanes with your video card.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

Don't think so, but will have to double check. Could that help / do anything by changing the slot the vard is connected to if there are no other devices?