Author Topic: Fully dummy car for part creation?  (Read 403 times)

The Very End

Hey!

Do anyone (BB?) have dummy cars with the right dimensions? Hard to make parts when all we got is the base of the example car. In addition this example car does not have all parts even, making it hard creating things such as front_bumper etc and even harder to align well on the cars when we only have that one base. If you really want the community to be able to create additional parts that is needed, or we are going to create some butt-ugly aligned models hah!

Don't have to be anything fancy, a LOD modell or anything that resembles the actual geometry should be sufficient.

Edit: Or even better, just the joints then? Should be easy to make the parts then / align them to model.

Edit2: Can collision spheres and solid bodies be applied to the actually parts themselves? Would make it easier to re-use parts on different cars .
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:24:44 PM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

We use real-world dimensions for the vehicles, borrowed from the reference vehicles, so taking a look at those should be good.

Yes, we were planning to add vis. parts to the example car but just ran out of time, so that's definitely coming at some point.

And sorry no, currently vis. part's can't have their own solid body, meaning that it's probably not a good idea to create parts with significantly different size for the same car.

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Thanks :) As for visible parts future, will they behave like own entities at a later stage? Would open up new possibilities.

sam223

You got me thinking Tor after our little chat earlier. Seems Jannes confirmed what i expected though.
+1 if we could add a separate solidbody and collisions spheres to parts. Then trailers would work, because currently you cant have such a large jointed object, as it moves outside of the collision box when swinging left/right. And a selection of other unique formulas would work aswell. Chained pairs, chained front to back,siamese bangers etc without having them take up their own car slot
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:25:12 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

End, if you make a plow, will the plow be solid or will it ghost?

If plow not solid and ghosts, then plow won't toss the cars, right?  :(

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

JohnBlackhills

Holy! I want to see that car part in game :P

The Very End

The plow is solid yes, but seems I can only get it to work on the example car, think that is AM4. For other cars it would just be hollow sadly (due to a range of things) :/